• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Are you "kobolded" out?

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Klaus said:
Scalegloom Hall...
Raiders of Oakhurst...
Keep on the Shadowfell...
Kobold Hall...

Anyone feeling "kobolded out" already?
I might, but I don't want to discover that my computer chair has been turned into a high level death trap.

We will miss you, Klaus.

Rechan

Adventurer
Dragonhelm said:
Truth be told, I use Pathfinder-style kobolds anyway. I can never tire of them. ;)
Pathfinder kobolds make great well-loved serfs for an empire looking to polish the kobold ego in exchange for an exceedingly energetic and skilled workforce.

However I've been leaning towards styling Kobolds like xenomorphs with an innate cunning for traps. Naturally, a low level dragon functions as a "Queen" kobold.

Lancelot

Adventurer
I've been kobolded out since Meepo first raised his ugly snout. Enough with the kobolds, already. Let's see some love for other low-level wimps, like tasloi or xvarts.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Lancelot said:
I've been kobolded out since Meepo first raised his ugly snout. Enough with the kobolds, already. Let's see some love for other low-level wimps, like tasloi or xvarts.
Tasloi and xvarts are in the 4E MM? That's what Klaus is talking about, really: adventures derived from that book.

Rechan

Adventurer
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
Tasloi and xvarts are in the 4E MM? That's what Klaus is talking about, really: adventures derived from that book.
No.

Really, kobolds and goblins are the majority of 1st level monstas.

Kaodi

Hero
Right now my mood is that I would kind of like to run a campaign where the enemies encountered by the players are predominantly dragonborn, dwarves, eladrin, elves, half-elves, halflings, humans and tieflings.

If only you would free yourselves from the shackles of " evil " humanoids, you would see that there between those races, there are seven level 1 and 2 monsters in the Monster Manual ripe for massacre. :D

Rechan

Adventurer
Kaodi said:
Right now my mood is that I would kind of like to run a campaign where the enemies encountered by the players are predominantly dragonborn, dwarves, eladrin, elves, half-elves, halflings, humans and tieflings.
You forgot gnomes.

But seriously, the only level 1 monster of the PHB race is a halfling.

Remove ads