D&D General Are You Ready For A "New" D&D?

Are You Ready For A "New" D&D

• No, I am Happy With The Choices I Have

Votes: 71 55.5%
  • Yes, I Want a Truly "New" Version of D&D

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • It's Complicated...

Votes: 32 25.0%

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
No, I really like 5e. If anything, I just want some tweaks to it. If I want change, there are several other RPGs that I can play, but I'll come back to 5e as my fantasy fix.

Stormonu

Legend
but there's a 50th anniversary next year and the Demon Prince of Round Numbers must be fed...)
Don't forget the Demon Lord of Fives, either.

I remember abandoned 2E back in the day for the likes of Vampire because the system had grown long in the tooth. Not just drowning in supplements, but that the game felt old-fashioned and out of touch with modern mechanics and gameplay.

5E doesn't quite feel that way to me yet, though I'd wouldn't mind an editorial pass to fix some of the game's snags. I just don't feel like the current iteration of books is moving the game in the direction I'd like to go - Tasha's certainly felt like it was on the wrong track from what I was looking for.

Whatever comes for the 50th, if it makes my MM's and adventures broken, I'm not moving to it. If I can continue to use my old books without the new stuff being too different or full of power creep, they'll keep me as a customer. Especially if I can still use my Beyond purchases to make and track characters, encounters and the like. Otherwise, I've got 40 years of various RPGs to fall back on and I won't miss them.

Remove ads