D&D General Are You Seriously Planning to Stop Playing and/or Running D&D Over The Recent OGL Developments?

Are You Seriously Planning to Stop Playing and/or Running D&D Over he Recent OGL Developments?

• Yes

Votes: 95 43.8%
  • No

Votes: 122 56.2%

edosan

Adventurer
Am I going to wait and see what OneD&D looks like, possibly staying with 5e if I don't like the changes? Sure. (Does that have anything to do with what's going on this week? Not particularly.)

Vaalingrade

Legend
I might play someone else's game if they're willing to let me borrow their books and I can't talk them out fo playing literally anything else but 5e.

So same as it ever was here.

i'm still in a 5e campaign right now, and i'm not gonna try and argue to my group that we should stop it or switch it to a different system over the OGL bs, but i will never run one myself and when this campaign is done i'll suggest we not play a 5e campaign again. so, yes, i am planning to stop playing/running dnd over the OGL 1.1. but i haven't gotten there yet.

I had honestly been wanting to do more ‘Call of Cthulhu’ anyway. I’ll also be quite curious to see what the new ‘Cyberpunk: Edgerunners’ starter box looks like.

Enrahim2

Adventurer
I just checked out the costs of the Pathfinder Core Rulebook
A bit late, but in case there are others that is concerned and do not know: Pathfinder(2), including absolutely all official rules content is completely free to play! The book contains a lot of pretty art, better layouting, examples and such. But all the important text, including the "educational" bits are available online.

I said yes but I had pretty much already stopped.
My two primary systems are Pathfinder 1st Ed, so no WotC there, and Cypher, so no WotC there either.
I played some of Level Up, but if that can be non OGL'd and keep getting support, I'm all for that too.

Fantasy & Modern Age interest me, as does W.O.I.N. and depending on what new games may come from Kobold, Rogue Genius, Legendary and such because of the situation I would likely be interested in seeing.

So aside from further support for Pathfinder 1st ed and Level Up, the OGL2.0 may not effect me.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Not much I can do about it. I own a FLGS. I'm not about to stop carrying the World's Biggest Roleplaying Game.

That said, I'm gonna be very conservative in my ordering going forward, and probably push 3PP books a little harder (a little because I never hard-push anything).

I'll keep playing too. I'll never stop playing.

My group will continue our 5E campaign. Based on what our DM has said we have a good 7-9 more months of content. By then we should have more clarity as to what is going on with the OGL 1.1. I had assumed we would play One D&D when the current campaign ended. That is no longer a given.

tsadkiel

Legend
I run 5E for my nephews. It's the game they know, the game they have the books for, and I'm not going to let WotC's ongoing shenanigans ruin my time with the boys.

That said, I won't be buying any official D&D materials for the foreseeable future, and the game I run uses third party material exclusively on the DM's side of the screen.

Remove ads