• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Arena of War (Gladiator Recruitment)

Phoenix8008

First Post
Testing...

[sblock]Testing, testing, 1..2...3...[/sblock]

Also finding out that my workplace internet filter USUALLY lets me post fine, but it's not giving me access when I'm trying to edit a post. :erm: I'll do my best to work around it.

Shayuri

First Post
Hm. I wasn't going for this at first...but I had an odd idea about an apostate Thayan wizard who got on the wrong person's bad side and lost...and wound up in the arena.

If this idea gestates, I will throw it out here and see if it works for the game.

sithramir

First Post
Testing...

[sblock]Testing, testing, 1..2...3...[/sblock]

Also finding out that my workplace internet filter USUALLY lets me post fine, but it's not giving me access when I'm trying to edit a post. :erm: I'll do my best to work around it.

Sorry but I have no clue how to edit the spoiler stuff

Shayuri said:
Hm. I wasn't going for this at first...but I had an odd idea about an apostate Thayan wizard who got on the wrong person's bad side and lost...and wound up in the arena.

If this idea gestates, I will throw it out here and see if it works for the game.

I definitely like the idea. It fits well and there will be other Thayans involved so it might work as I could feed you some backstory information (assuming you'd be willing to share it with the others, etc).

industrygothica

Adventurer
With the exception of traits and flaws, I believe my character is finished, if someone wants to give him a once-over to make sure I did everything right. Thanks.

-IG

sithramir

First Post
No AC is listed. Please confirm that into the stat block.

Your master. Give me hints of what you want. It could be a Thayan or something else. I want to work him in.

industrygothica

Adventurer
No AC is listed. Please confirm that into the stat block.

Your master. Give me hints of what you want. It could be a Thayan or something else. I want to work him in.

AC is 15. It's listed on the first line of the DEFENSE section.

As for the master, I hadn't really put a lot of thought in it until you said something. But now that I've considered it for a bit...

I think that maybe Drek grew to respect his master after a time, and was subsequently given some freedoms not otherwise afforded those in his position. Drek fought for him, and he took care of Drek in return. At one particularly distasteful venue Drek was forced to wait in a cell for his turn in the pit. After winning several rounds, he was put in chains and drug from the arena. He saw his master's eviscerated corpse as he was carried away.

He's now the property of a Thayan noble who, he'd learned, had his former master killed when he refused to sell Drek. Drek fights now with the determination to survive long enough to earn the chance to bury his greataxe in the fat noble's bald head.

Will that work?

-IG

sithramir

First Post
Chapter 1: Pushing Daisies

Chapter 1: Pushing Daisies

You awaken groggily. Looking around, you remember your accommodations and shiver. Comfortable but small, you are in what amounts to an Inn’s room but without windows and only one door, slightly ajar. Glancing at your room, it becomes clear that all of your items are still where they should be. There are sounds coming from outside and light in the hallway. On the small table lies ale and a plate of food, mostly dried meat and potatoes beneath a sconce which is magically lit. A bowl of clean water and a towel lies behind your food allowing you the ability to wash up.

A large gong sounds and the rustling from outside becomes greater. Clearly it is time to see your next steps into this horrid endeavour. Glancing out the door you see several others walking down the long hallway to an open antechamber with a higher ceiling which is dimly lit with the same magical sconces along the walls. The flooring is made of stone and there is a damp feel to the air, likely due to being underground. Looking up there is no actual ceiling but a darkness with dim lights. The “almost” star patterns you see are clearly magical but help take away the cramped feeling one might associate with these poor accommodations.

Chapter 1 Accomodations.PNG

OOC: This is where we'll begin once you have characters. Once we have them ready to go you can begin introductions and start asking questions and we can begin interaction for the next steps. The first portion of this is ready as soon as the PC's are completed.

Things you can do:

1) Persuasion (DC 10) will allow you to garner some general information from the other participants.

2) Peruse the weapons and armor racks.

3) Join a card game at one of the tables. Roll either perception (count the cards), deception (Bluff your opponents), sleight of hand (cheat don't get caught), or insight (figure out if other players are bluffing) at a DC 15. Success will you to garner information and potentially make an ally.

4) Join the throng gathered in front of the large double doors awaiting the next steps.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads