D&D 5E Arguing, ideating and solution-seeking on the D&D Enworld forum

Overall, which of the following best describes Enworld's D&D forum discussions? (choose THREE)

• A1. Too much arguing

• A2. Just the right amount of arguing

• A3. Not enough arguing

• B1. Too much ideation/brainstorming

• B2. Just the right amount of ideation/brainstorming

• B3. Not enough ideation/brainstorming

• C1: Too many creative solutions

• C2: Just the right amount of creative solutions

• C3: Not enough creative solutions

Results are only viewable after voting.
Too many people on this forum make personal attacks or otherwise do their best to get personal to bully others out of arguments or threads or even off the forum itself. It’s the only big issue to debate on this forum.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Too many people on this forum make personal attacks or otherwise do their best to get personal to bully others out of arguments or threads or even off the forum itself. It’s the only big issue to debate on this forum.

There is a reason that the saying is NOT, "Familiarity breeds content."

That said, the overall tenor of conversations and moderation at enworld is far better than the vast majority of places on the internet. For that, I am grateful.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
There is a reason that the saying is NOT, "Familiarity breeds content."

That said, the overall tenor of conversations and moderation at enworld is far better than the vast majority of places on the internet. For that, I am grateful.
Maybe it’s because as @Shardstone pointed out - certain ideas and posters get bullied out of threads and off the forum entirely.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Maybe it’s because as @Shardstone pointed out - certain ideas and posters get bullied out of threads and off the forum entirely.

I don't think that bullied is the correct phrase. Posters can use the ignore feature, which works very well, if someone is comin after them. In addition, the moderators are pretty good about intervening when things get too personal.

If you are referring to the various policies in the Terms and Conditions (generally thought of as keep it civil, keep it clean, keep it on topic, and keep it inclusive), I would agree that it does prohibit certain ideas, but this isn't supposed to be a forum to discuss anything and everything. While the rules may chafe at times, they also are the reason that we can mostly have fun discussing TTRPGs.

In the end, there are places that are more open to everything, and I find that they're usually overrun and not very good for discussion or conversation. YMMV.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
I don't think that bullied is the correct phrase. Posters can use the ignore feature, which works very well, if someone is comin after them. In addition, the moderators are pretty good about intervening when things get too personal.

If you are referring to the various policies in the Terms and Conditions (generally thought of as keep it civil, keep it clean, keep it on topic, and keep it inclusive), I would agree that it does prohibit certain ideas, but this isn't supposed to be a forum to discuss anything and everything. While the rules may chafe at times, they also are the reason that we can mostly have fun discussing TTRPGs.

In the end, there are places that are more open to everything, and I find that they're usually overrun and not very good for discussion or conversation. YMMV.
I do t think this is a topic I can discuss. I’m going to bow out.

Remove ads