• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Armageddon: Rise of the Nephilim -- IC

Drakknyte32

First Post
Jonathan takes the card and looks at it, checking the address and seeing what it says on the card.

"All right, I'll meet you there."

Jonathan puts the card in his pocket and then mutters a few words and disappears.

OOC:
Jonathan is going to teleport a ways away, turn invisible, and scope out the address with his ESP.

WizWrm

First Post
Adam nods and exits the warehouse, following Mr. Valenz into the car. Unless he's addressed, he sits quietly for the whole trip, thinking to himself.

Rybaer

First Post
Mordane76 said:
Chuckling, he takes another drag on his cigar. "Charo taught me a trick yesterday," he says as he looks over his shoulders at the other boys. Tensing, he chomps down on the cigar, and stretches out one of his massive hands. "How about we warm this up a little," he says, and in his hand appears a... ball of fire?!

Now that's interesting, Shin thinks to himself. He knows that many of his own abilities are clearly superhuman...but he had never really considered the possibility that other people might have similar abilities.

Mordane76 said:
He wheels his arm back and flings the bolt of fire at you sidearm -- you slide left, and it drops just behind you into the puddle of liquid, which ignites. His friends start to hoot and hollar behind him, urging him forward.

I guess that could be considered hostile intent, Shin thinks. Though somehow I doubt the police would believe it.

Shin considers his options and decides that dropping the guy as quickly as possible might be his best approach. He charges forward the short distance separating them and attempts to drive his fist into the large man's solar plexus.

(ooc - Will use Stunning Attack feat; +11 to hit, Dmg save DC26 or stunned for 1 rnd.)

Lagomorph

First Post
"Well, if that's the way they wanna play..."

Serendipity leans out sideways from behind the car, looking to acquire a target on the rooftop quickly, she fires 1 quick shot at the roof top and 2 at the car, then ducks back under cover.

[OOC - Using All-Out Attack to boost my total attack bonus by 5 (lowering my defense bonus by 5), and using Autofire on the rifle. All 3 shots are fired at a total of +11 to hit (+10 normal, +5 AOA, -4 Autofire w/ Multishot feat). If I cannot see a target on the roof, I fire anyways at the edge to let them know I'm returning fire. If I cannot see a person in the van, I shoot at the tires.]

Mordane76

First Post
Shin

Shin rushes forward and comes up hard, but the large man just skirts to teh right of the blow.

Trying to take advantage of the opening in Shin's defense, he swings down at the boxer, who deftly pulls back from the hammering fist.

"You're pretty quick for a pussy... you shoulda considered ballet for a living," he snips, goading at Shin.

OOC:
Attack (AC 16) - 15 (miss)
Attack (AC 19) - 17 (miss)

Mordane76

First Post
Thomas

OOC: Your Search turns up nothing additional.

"Thaddeus will be at your disposal," she says, leading you out of the study. She starts up the stairs, motioning for you to follow.

The second floor is well appointed -- hard-wood floors, a mirror, a small table with a bushy shrub-plant on it, and several doors leading off to others rooms in the house. She quickly skirts around the railing and heads to the second flight of stairs.

At the top of the second flight, she opens up the door to the attic, which is surprisingly clean for a storage area. "We don't keep much up here," she says. "I have some old wardrobes and a few chests of clothes, and a few pieces of old furniture. The box is over on that table," she says with a wave towards a table laden with a sizeable crate. "If you'd like, I can have Thaddeus bring you some refreshments and a lamp -- you're welcome to peruse the box at your leisure. Unfortunately, I have some business to attend to shortly, and need to freshen up and be on my way, she says.

Mordane76

First Post
Jonathan

The location is a manor and grounds on the edge of town. The place is walled and gated, and there is a single guard at the gatehouse. The grounds are well kept -- the lawn is freshly trimmed, as are the hedges. The trees on the property are large, yet well pruned. The house is large, with hints of Gothic influence in the facade. There is a stable and riding ring in the back of the grounds.

Beyond what can be seen from the windows, however, you can pierce the house itself no further -- some powerful force repulses your vision as you attempt to enter the house.

Last edited:

Rybaer

First Post
Mordane76 said:
"You're pretty quick for a pussy... you shoulda considered ballet for a living," he snips, goading at Shin.

"Not a bad idea," Shin says. "All those flexible, athletic girls..."

Shin decides to skip the stunning blow and just try to wear this guy down the old-fashioned way. He throws a jab-hook combination with all his strength behind it.

(ooc - Rapid strike attack +9/+9; Dmg save DC26 for stun damage. For the record, should Shin get hit he will use a Hero point to reroll any Dmg save roll below 10.)

Velmont

First Post
Mordane76 said:
At the top of the second flight, she opens up the door to the attic, which is surprisingly clean for a storage area. "We don't keep much up here," she says. "I have some old wardrobes and a few chests of clothes, and a few pieces of old furniture. The box is over on that table," she says with a wave towards a table laden with a sizeable crate. "If you'd like, I can have Thaddeus bring you some refreshments and a lamp -- you're welcome to peruse the box at your leisure. Unfortunately, I have some business to attend to shortly, and need to freshen up and be on my way, she says.

"Thank you. I'll accept your offer. Some water will be enough, and the lamp will be fine. I won't take more of your time. If I have other question, they will surely be able to wait to our next meeting."

So, why you have been killed, and more, why her memory have been altered. Maybe I can find something in these books.

Thomas walk over the box, and open it. He starts to look at the content. He picks one book at a time, examine it, and then start to look at every page, quickly changing from page to page, more to make sure the book is really what it seems. He may take more time to read some things that he may found particulary interesting.

Drakknyte32

First Post
Jonathan frowns when he is unable to penetrate the barrier. All his senses scream to him that this is a trap. But then he always was a bit paranoid, that was what allowed him to survive the last two wars.

Jonathan decides to wait for the other two to show up before deciding what to do next. Well he waits he tries to penetrate the mind of the guard and see what he knows.

Remove ads