• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Armor Class Enhancements

Kazoo

First Post
So far my 19th level Rogue can get the following Armor Class bonuses:

Halfling size +1
Dexterity Bonus +8
Boots of Speed +4 Haste Bonus
Bracers of Armor +7
Shield Wand +7 Cover Bonus
Barkskin Wand (CL 11) +5 Natural Armor
Shield of Faith Wand (CL 18) +5 Deflection Bonus

Any ideas on how to increase it more?

officeronin

First Post
A luckstone would be good for another +1.

A dirty trick for two-weapon rogues is to get a dagger +5 defender for the off hand. That would be good for another 5.

You have not mentioned any AC increasing feats, though...

I might start pursuing other avenues of defense, such as blur, displacement, etc.

OfficeRonin

Victim

First Post
A Luckstone doesn't increase AC.

You could seek out +5 Celestial chain for a +10 armor bonus instead of bracers +7. Also, with the chain, you could use an Animated +5 shield for another +7. Magic Vestment can substitute for the +5 enhancement bonus.

Is it really nessisary? Are you getting hit that much with a 47 ac? i remember that I thought my 15 lvl Paladin with a 25 ac was golden, until the party ended up fighting a 20th lvl Fighter with magics and In the first two rounds I was almost killed.

Kazoo

First Post
Rogue using an animated shield

That's a good idea, but to use an animated shield properly, would you have to have Shield Proficiency?

Kazoo

First Post
Dareoon Dalandrove said:
Is it really nessisary? Are you getting hit that much with a 47 ac? i remember that I thought my 15 lvl Paladin with a 25 ac was golden, until the party ended up fighting a 20th lvl Fighter with magics and In the first two rounds I was almost killed.

About a few months ago I would say my former 26 AC was adequate, until the DM's started classing the monsters, and our campaign went to Average Hit Points for all Characters. Then I found I was running for Heals alot. At level 19 we are fighting multiple giants and starting on bigger dragons, as well as the ever lovable Demons and Devils, so I want to beef up as much as I can, especially before hitting those Epic levels.

Remove ads