Armor of Speed (Haste) Link/Errata

tukic

First Post
Can someone please point me to the "unofficial" errata about the armor of speed from Defenders of the Faith have a +7 market price adjustement as opposed to a +3 as listed? I know I've seen it somewhere and my DM is looking for it....

Thanks kindly in advance.....
Tukic

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
You won't find it, as there's no consensus among designers for the "correct" fix. Skip Williams, for example, suggests makign it work like boots of speed.

I use +7, myself.

Rashak Mani

First Post
I heard +5 suggestions... since you need a +1 bonus thats +6 minimum... more reasonable than +3 only...

Permanent Haste is so abusive I dont know how it got printed in the Defenders of the Faith... there is a very cheap flying armor too... give it an extra +1 cost too...

As a DM I restricted all armor stuff in DoF until I get to check it... very badly balanced by WOTC...

pontus

First Post
A weapon of speed: +4 enhancement cost

Weapons cost twice as much as armor, so even if you price Armor of Speed at +7 it's still a steal.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
A weapon of speed: +4 enhancement cost

Weapons cost twice as much as armor, so even if you price Armor of Speed at +7 it's still a steal.

Well, don't forget the squaring effect.

Weapon +4 : +32,000.
Armor +7 : +49,000.

It is still more expensive, at least. But for permanent Haste? Maybe not enough :)

-Hyp.

tukic

First Post
So where did Skip and/or Bruce or Monte comment on this? Was it on the WOTC message boards or somewhere else? I would like to read there thoughts to help make a call on this.

Remove ads