• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Armour check penalties

thalmin

Retired game store owner
I wonder if there might be encumbrance/armor considerations listed in either the movement or abilities/skills sections of the rules, or in the encumbrance section. Hopefully we will know tomorrow.

jadrax

Adventurer
Most sensible D&D heroes should not go ANYWHERE near water in armor as they are 99% likely to be attacked by squids, weresharks, krakens, elementals, scrags, and any other number of unholy abominations that would love to drag them in for a swim ;)

Yeah, as a GM I have about 17 Monsters books, and 1/8th of each are underwater monsters I have never got to use.... fek it, I am attacking him with all of them at once!!!!

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
Realistically (which D&D is not) wearing any heavy armor and carrying pounds and pounds of metal would be a drowning death sentence. At the very least, countless adventurers would have stripped out of their gear and left it at the bottom of countless subterranean lakes :)

Water breathing, a couple of ropes, and I'm a millionaire! ;)

Xodis

First Post
This and only this could be the sole objective of every adventure, to scavenge lakes and ponds like the heroes are searching for lost golf balls.

How do you think all those underwater creatures manage to have amazing loot and equipment? lol

Remove ads