D&D General Art in D&D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sacrosanct

Legend
Meh, that's a rabbit hole I let myself get sucked down into. Wow, folks certainly want to defend that imp. :uhoh: Ok. Fair enough. Even if the imp isn't leering, it doesn't really redeem the piece does it?

I think there are two different issues that aren't mutually exclusive. The imp isn't leering. It's looking straight up at the magic, not the woman. Also, the woman is cheesecake art. That image can be both things. Whatever the imp's doing doesn't change what kind of art it is overall.

generic

On that metempsychosis tweak
I agree. It is ridiculous.

But also look back at the conversation and what they have been saying.

In the literal sense of the word they are doing those things. Its accuracy. Not insult. How else am i to put it? "You are making hypocritical statements"? Thats still calling them a hypocrite with extra words.

Tell me how else i should state it and i will do that.

Also there is plenty of ad hominen going around.
I think what happened is something that has happened to me often.

Someone will make an argument, then mischaracterize (close enough to a real word) your argument, then make their own argument, refuse to accept your conception of your own argument, and change the term of their own argument!

Then, to finish it all, they'll say that you're getting infuriated for no reason!

It can be unbearable sometimes.

I think there are two different issues that aren't mutually exclusive. The imp isn't leering. It's looking straight up at the magic, not the woman. Also, the woman is cheesecake art. That image can be both things. Whatever the imp's doing doesn't change what kind of art it is overall.
There is also another issue.

Everyone LITERALLY everyone it appears has agreed since the very beginning that its cheesecake. So a third issue is that literally no one has denied that its cheesecake. But some have acted as though that was being contested. When it was by no one.

I think what happened is something that has happened to me often.

Someone will make an argument, then mischaracterize (close enough to a real word) your argument, then make their own argument, refuse to accept your conception of your own argument, and change the term of their own argument!

Then, to finish it all, they'll say that you're getting infuriated for no reason!

It can be unbearable sometimes.
Sure its annoying when this happens standardly. Its doubly so when it appears to be intentional. And this appears to be one of those latter variants. Thus particularly annoying. Not infuriating. Just a waste of my time.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Meh, that's a rabbit hole I let myself get sucked down into. Wow, folks certainly want to defend that imp. :uhoh: Ok. Fair enough. Even if the imp isn't leering, it doesn't really redeem the piece does it?
Not at all! I was just surprised anyone looked at the imp and saw anything other than “holy crap wow!” With eyes drawn to the casters face or hand area.

Oofta

Legend
Not at all! I was just surprised anyone looked at the imp and saw anything other than “holy crap wow!” With eyes drawn to the casters face or hand area.

For what it's worth, @Hussar isn't the only one who looks at that picture and sees leering. Not that it really matters - it's just a picture. A picture that's open do different opinions and perspectives. Whether or not the critter is leering doesn't really change the nature of the picture or my opinion of cheesecake art.

Based on another posting, it was probably just a rotoscoped howler monkey. Now the dragon head statues on the other hand ... ;)

There are also plenty of women that like and even love cheesecake. There is nothing wrong with cheesecake art, and I have always pushed back against the haters. Bring back Elmore and Cadwell, and artists like them. Skimpy armour and 80's hair for the win. I don't care if it's impractical (the armour or the hair), as long as it's FUN, it's a fantasy, not actual battles so who cares.
Plus, that get up realistically may be superior to typical atire for her.

She's likely a sorceror or a wizard who happens to use a bit of charisma.

Actually, thinking it over, i find this outright more reasonable than normal adventurer atire. And i hadnt actually thought about that until reading your post.

It in fact may be the height of practicality. Because the nature of her magic may benefit from it. I suppose we would have to know more about the character depicted by the picture to know for sure how advantageous but i feel like its a safe bet that this is at least more ideal than armor. For her in particular.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads