Art Recycled from Previous Editions

In 1e, I used that map...I made some alterations, but for the life of me I can't remember what they were.

I do love the old TSR books of art.

2e recycled a lot of art, from earlier editions and dragon magazine covers, but at least most of it was good.

I've seen a couple of recycled pieces of art in 3e. There's a shattered blade that's popped up more than once.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Gez said:
The map in the DMG. It's well-known. All the example adventure text is the same.

M. Getz, while the text is based on the 1st ed dmg, it has been made more "contemperary" (perhaps some one with the books handy could provide an example?)

EUREEEKKAAAAA!

Dryad!

3.0 Monster Manual!

The blond Elmore one.

I know I'd seen it somewhere before.

Am I right? Did I win?

What'd I win? Signed Crothian Boxer Shorts?

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
Gez said:
The map in the DMG. It's well-known. All the example adventure text is the same.

That map is why I bought a sub to Dungeon magazine. I picked up issue 84 on a whim, and it had an awesome level 15 adventure by Monte Cook (the Harrowing), but ALSO had Dungeon of the Fire Opal, which is a fully statted out version of the dungeon in the 1eDMG and 3eDMG.

What was cool is that it was another 'return to' module, set years after the stuff in the DMG.

Voadam

Legend
HellHound said:
That map is why I bought a sub to Dungeon magazine. I picked up issue 84 on a whim, and it had an awesome level 15 adventure by Monte Cook (the Harrowing), but ALSO had Dungeon of the Fire Opal, which is a fully statted out version of the dungeon in the 1eDMG and 3eDMG.

What was cool is that it was another 'return to' module, set years after the stuff in the DMG.

I can't wait for dungeon to go pdf.

reveal said:
Not really much of a prize.

Says you.

I can use the DNA found in those shorts to create a race of uber-posters that will post so many messages in such a short amount of time the entire global Internet Network will come crashing down. And the only way my legions of Crothians super posters will stop is when I am named RULER OF THE WORLD! (I'll accept Duke of the Carribean or Baron of the Riveria).

PS. I am not a cat.

JoeGKushner

First Post
diaglo said:
and much of it way better.

unfortunately, one of the greats has just passed. :(

It would be perfect timing them to do a 'Classics of D&D" or something along those lines of an coffee table book that people would actually look at. No one I know was overly impressed enough by the "30" years deal to fork over the cash for it. Something of all art with a bio on each artist would be great.

Remove ads