Arthurian Adventures (in Ireland)

Roman

First Post
Hey Particle Man!

How is our troupe in Canada doing? I am currently in the U.S. (Cincinnati, Ohio), doing my Ph.D. studies. Unfortunately, I don't seem to be able to find a gaming group around here. There is a wargamers clique here, but they play computer games and CCGs, but no RPGs at the moment.

Particle_Man

Explorer
Things are going fairly well.

The troupe . . . Well some have gone on to the USA like yourself, actually. Jack in doing the law school thing and Catherine is mainly in the states (although she was here for a while in the summer).

The rest of the gang is still around, but are trying all sorts of games (a lot of them are doing World of Warcraft computer stuff, but I am not into that). Dark Heresy, Scion, 7th Sea are the one's I am in right now, but Aampi is running a 3rd ed D&D game (with a few tweaks borrowed from 4th ed) on sundays. As usual there are more games everyone wants to run, but time is an issue. I am in a 3rd ed D&D game too, but with a completely different group that meets once a month.

I'm not much for the online thing, but I think Catherine does that occasionally (she ran a western game).

Anyhow, you can drop by the UBC Wargamers boards and see what is shaking, online-wise. And good luck finding folk in Cincinnati, Ohio. Maybe put up a notice at stores that sell pen and paper rpgs? There much be a few in that city.

Oh, and good luck with the Ph.D. I feel your pain! :)

Roman

First Post
Thanks for the update! I didn't realize there were UBC Wargamers' boards in existence. I will make sure to check them out.

I was not really taken by 4E at all and run a few intermittent 3.5E/Pathfinder campaigns over the holidays when I go back to Slovakia and I ran some longrunning games of this nature when in Austria. I will perhaps try your suggestion of local stores to find a group here.

Thanks for the Ph.D. sympathies!

Remove ads