Arthurian Adventures (in Ireland)

Toby of Kusman

First Post
Particle_Man said:
The green and purple knights actually go down and need to use fate points to survive. The red knights uses fate points to get off an obscuring mist that lets him sneak away. He then uses ventriloquism to make the giant think he was still inside. Lady Leanne uses call lightning a lot. Eventually the good guys win, although it takes a bit of luck (Toby’s magic device gets used, and the giants turn to stone, one by one). And then various mists (of the appropriate colours) rise from the giants and touch the various knights, changing the colours of their helmets.

Well... I had no fate points left to spend on my 2nd death since I used them all up to save the party on the stone giants encounter. I refuse to cheat and use hobb's fate point to save my sorry arse again. Furthermore, I think my Centaur wasn't doing it right. He had the power like haste and rage, but he was so noble that I wanted to gain more nobility and refused to use any ability to gain advantage over anyone. It was so screwed up... At least it was an honorable death for him. He will be remembered.

Particle_Man said:
With the Green Knight dead, the spectral knights are lessened. A green mist arises from the coin that is what Sir Toby’s body transforms into and goes away…to the house of Sir Toby’s parents, where his younger brother takes his bow, which has mysteriously turned green, and begins his adventures. He hears a voice tell him to seek out King Arthur, when he first touches the bow.

I've changed the younger brother's background story a little. I will post his background up later.

Toby of Kusman

First Post
Particle_Man said:
I am wondering if I made it too tough for the gang this time around. It is hard to balance things since while I gave them the option for max. hp (if they spend fate points) and allow them to spend fate points to avoid nasty things like death, on the other hand there are tendencies to single combat by some (and spellcasting by others), and they are low on magic items. Thus, CR's are at best a sort of guess at this point. Still, I think I set the bar a little high for these guys. On the other hand, only 2 characters have died permanently, and one was a one shot. Some might argue that I am too nice, since I allow fate points to give people second chances. But anyhow, this goes to my DMing style, I guess, which is more instinctual and freeform than carefully planned. But I try to remain consistent with myself, so that when Oberon sends people out of Fairyland, he messes up on a natural 1. Which has happened three times so far!

We should be able to defeat the dragon if we fought it together, but we decided to be noble and refused to gang up on it. It was our decision. Now I'm going to be a Yeoman and things will be different.

This part is to the ladies and the knights: Don't yell at me if I roll bad and shoot you on the back. It's my destiny... LOL. :lol:

Toby of Kusman

First Post
The Birth Of A Hero

“I have been blinded from jealousy.” Steven of Kusman was filled with remorse and pain. “I am sorry, brother.”

After Toby of Kusman had been knighted by Prince Caius, Toby the Centaur decided to visit his family and return his bow back to its rightful owner, his family, as a symbol of leaving his Yeoman life behind and entering his new knighthood. Although Toby still felt uncomfortable and uneasy to face other humans after transformed unwillingly into a fairy tale creature, he was filled with pride, dignity and honor as he stepped into his home. With tears in his eyes, his dream had come true. He was a knight from the Commoners.

The next day after Toby left his family, Steven of Kusman, Toby’s younger brother, was staring at the bow that Toby had left behind. It, as a trophy, was placed perfectly on the shelf in the living room.

“What has happened to you, brother?” Steven talked to himself unawares. “You have been turned into a monster, and yet you are still the favored… It is NOT fair!”

Steven wondered that if he had been the chosen one to follow Prince Caius, he would have a better fate than now. Life is not fair. With all the negative thinking in his head, Steven irritably decided to grab the bow and ran away. He wanted to run as far away as he could to get away from his family, his miserable past. He wanted a different life. A life that he could craft for himself…

After many days of travel, Steven was lost in a forest with an empty stomach. He was so tired that he could not run any more. He decided to take a brief rest, then hunt something to fill his belly, but the bow was too large for him to use efficiently. He cursed the bow, put it back on his back, and then started to look around for some berries and fruits. It must be his destiny, or he was an extremely unlucky person. He didn’t find food. He found the bandits instead.

The bandit leader was interested in the huge bow that Steven was carrying. He started asking Steven questions. Soon he found out that Steven was a Yeoman from the Kusmans (The name of Sir Toby of Kusman, the Centaur, was starting to go throughout the land of King Anguish).

“I offer you a chance to oath of fealty to me,” the bandit leader asked Steven all of a sudden. “Do you accept?”

It was not expected. Steven was shocked and paused for a few seconds. He thought he would not survive, but now he had a chance to live and start his new life.

“I accept…” Steven said it unwillingly. He wanted to live.

When they returned to the bandit camp, Steven was given a proper long bow that matched his size. He tested it with a few bullseye shots.

“He truly is the brother of Sir Toby of Kusman,” the bandit leader whispered himself with approval. “And I would not expect less from him.”

Months had been passed. Steven had befriended with the bandit leader as he learned more about the bandit leader. He started to see and look at things differently after meeting different people.

The bandit leader allowed Steven to keep Toby’s huge bow, so Steven hung it up on the wall beside his bed. One day, Steven noticed that the bow was shrinking to its original size. He immediately had a bad feeling about it, but he couldn’t tell what exactly. Then he saw a green mist emerged from nowhere, and it slowly went into the bow. The bow had mysteriously turned green. Steven had a feeling of his brother’s present somehow. He lifted his shaking hand up slowly and touched the bow lightly. He heard a low voice in his head saying, “Seek out King Arthur… Seek out King Arthur… Prince Caius needs your help...”

Steven charged out of the room and looked for the bandit leader, but the bandit leader was nowhere to be found. So, Steven quickly dropped a note and left in the middle of the night. He did not forget his oath of fealty to the bandit leader, but he had a more important thing to do... to save King Arthur.

“Brother,” Steven cried out with remorse. “Now I will continue to fulfill your destiny.”

Last edited:

Particle_Man

Explorer
Things I forgot to mention:

1) When Sir Toby died, his centaur body turned into a gigantic ancient coin with a face with laurel leaves on its head on both sides of the coin.

2) The Scottish lady was rescued by Lady Leanne, passed off to Hubert, passed off to Hobb, and passed off again to some knight I forget which. Prince Caius later raised objections to a warrior like Hubert passing off a lady to a mostly noncombatant hermit like Hobb.

Toby of Kusman

First Post
Hey Partical_Man

Can you bring the PHB on Friday? I would like to have my character done before Saturday.

Steven of Kusman

P.S. I cannot logout this Toby account. So, I guess I'm stuck posting as Toby of Kusman.

Particle_Man

Explorer
Well actually I am not in the friday campaign anymore, but I could show up early on Saturday if that would help. Would that work? I could be there say 3pm Saturday. Alternatively, you could ask Blair to bring his Excalibur book on friday.

Toby of Kusman

First Post
Particle_Man said:
Well actually I am not in the friday campaign anymore, but I could show up early on Saturday if that would help. Would that work? I could be there say 3pm Saturday. Alternatively, you could ask Blair to bring his Excalibur book on friday.

Perfect. I will be there early on Saturday. I think I will take the leadership feat as well... If possible, a female cohort from the bandit camp would be fun. She followed me out the bandit camp with curiosity.

Toby of Kusman

First Post
Toby of Kusman said:
Perfect. I will be there early on Saturday. I think I will take the leadership feat as well... If possible, a female cohort from the bandit camp would be fun. She followed me out the bandit camp with curiosity.

Not good. I was just told that I have to have lunch with my family on Saturday. I will try to be there by 4, but I can't guarantee to be there on time.

Sir_Andrew

First Post
Toby of Kusman said:
We should be able to defeat the dragon if we fought it together, but we decided to be noble and refused to gang up on it. It was our decision. Now I'm going to be a Yeoman and things will be different.

This part is to the ladies and the knights: Don't yell at me if I roll bad and shoot you on the back. It's my destiny... LOL. :lol:

Give in to your hatred. Join the Dark Side. It is your destiny.

Remove ads