Arthurian Adventures (in Ireland)

With faith, nothing is impossible.

Riding not too far away from the bandit hideout, I had noticed that I was being followed. I quickly stopped and dismounted from my light horse, Freedom.

“Shhh…” I whispered into Freedom’s ear. It shook its ear from the tickling feelings. I tried to calm it down and signaled it to be quiet while pulling it into the shadows.

Soon, I spotted Yvona on Rouge, her light horse, following my trail. In the shadows, I waited patiently for her to get closer. When she saw me stepped out of the shadows to greet her, I could see her face turned red. She grinned at me with an innocent look. I hated it when she did that.

Suddenly, a globe of white light appeared and surrounded us. In a blink, the light magically transported us into a room, where an ancient mirror stood in front of us.

In the room, I saw Prince Caius and the gang. After I slowly recovered from the shock, I finally recognized Prince Caius. However, he did not know me. Therefore, I introduced Yvona and myself to him with honor, and I told Prince Caius that I was told to aid him to save King Arthur. Then Prince Caius brought me the sad news of the death of my big brother, Toby. I had had a bad feeling about this, and now Prince Caius had confirmed it. I could feel my heavy heart sank once more…

I started to get confused because I was transported magically once again. This time, I was informed that I was in France, but I only had questions in my head… “France? Where the hack are we?”

With the luck of Prince Caius, we found a fisherman who was willing to ferry us across the sea back to England. The boat looked old and leaky. I doubted that it could carry all of us, but Prince Caius and everyone seemed to be okay with it. So, I followed them onto the boat with Yvona, Freedom and Rogue. With faith, nothing was impossible.

During the night on the boat, Yvona and I were assigned to take watch. I was assigned to take the first watch, and Yvona was second. My watch was quiet and uneventful. But I was wakening up by Yvona on her watch. She reported back to me that she had heard hammering noise, so she had gone to investigate.

“I heard hammering noise,” Yvona spoke quietly in a soft voice. “So I went to take a look. Those fishermen told me that they were merely repairing the boat, but I saw one of them was holding an axe… I sense something fishy here.”

“Where are the others who are supposed to take the watch with you?” I asked because I couldn’t see anyone else taking the watch anywhere.

“I believe the odd girl went to do something with the boat,” she paused for awhile. “And the other one went to seduce the sailors.”

I was shocked once again. I hoped Yvona would not pick up any of the misbehavior from Prince Caius’s female companions. Anyway, I was worried about Lady Christine for acting… immature. So, I decided to wait a minute before I go look for her. But the noise made by the horses worried me, so I woke up Prince Caius from his beauty sleep. He ordered me to wake up everyone and get ready to battle.

Justice and Weasel raced pass us into a cabin. We all charged in and saw a Sea Hag. I was shocked again and I felt weakened. Prince Caius, my idol, killed her with a blink of my eyes. Then the fishermen went on us. Prince Caius, without his armor and shield, hold back four of them without any problems. Justice, Prince Caius’s noble steed, finished most of them. I almost forgot. The white knight wasn’t wearing her armor in the fight as well. She didn’t even try to cover up her private parts… I hoped Yvona would not pick up that terrible habit. Or I would have to force her to go back to the camp.

Yvona and I were shooting arrows at a fisherman, which was fighting Lady Leanne. With our combined attacks, we finally killed him after half of the fishermen were down. After the fight, Prince Caius told me that they were Wights. I didn’t know what Wights were, but I knew they were no good. When I ordered Yvona to search the dead bodies of the Wights and the Sea Hag, Lady Leanne had already found a letter and some stuff on them. She also found other dead bodies on the boat, and they seemed to be the real fishermen.

Prince Caius seemed to have the knowledge of everything. He guided us to sail north to a shore. He also told us to disguise ourselves to prevent any unwanted troubles.

Since I was young, I knew that money could buy anything. When I saw Prince Caius recruited a new crew of the best sailors on that land, I was shocked at the amount of money he paid them. They sure were the best sailors. It took them no time to sail to England.

We had finally arrived at the dock. My adventure had started with the guidance of Prince Caius.

P.S. If I got shocked once more, I might die from heart attack

Last edited:

Steven of Kusman said:
Riding not too far away from the bandit hideout, I had noticed that I was being followed. I quickly stopped and dismounted from my light horse, Freedom.

Soon, I spotted Yvona on Rouge, her light horse, following my trail.

Freedom and (Strike) Rouge are picked because of Justice.

Steven of Kusman said:
Yvona and I were shooting arrows at a fisherman, which was fighting Lady Leanne. With our combined attacks, we finally killed him after half of the fishermen were down.

I still can't see the strength of Yoeman. -4 to hit to avoid covers and 1d8 dmg. I was doing 1d8+3 points of damage with a +1 bow, +1 str, and point blank shot; furthermore, I rolled low on my d8.

Particle_Man

Explorer
1) How much damage did you take versus the Wights? Answer NONE, because you guys were safely at a distance, hitting them with arrows. Thus Yeoman has good survival abilities. You are the opposite of your former character: You deal less damage, but will likely take no damage yourself.

2) Good skill set means Yeoman is a good scout, like the Rogue but without trapfinding skills.

3) Combat monster Yeoman comes later, when you can do crazy stuff with arrows.

4) When/if you qualify for Improved Precise Shot, you can laugh at cover penalties.

Roman

First Post
Indeed... plus don't forget that knights don't really do any more damage either. Sir Anton, for example, dishes out 1d8+2 (less than your Yeomen).

Toby of Kusman

First Post
Roman said:
Indeed... plus don't forget that knights don't really do any more damage either. Sir Anton, for example, dishes out 1d8+2 (less than your Yeomen).

I guess the Centaur has corrupted me. I kept thinking of my old full attack of 3x greatsword-attacks with 2d6+7 damage each and 2x hoove-attacks with 1d6+5 damage each... :p

Anyway, I'm still in the process of developing my new characters. I think I know what to do with them now....

"Historians will some day write great tales of Akodo's bravery and Doji's charm, while we, who lurk in shadows, will be the villains in thier stories. Tricksters and liars: those will be our roles. Is that not exciting?" - Bayushi

Particle_Man

Explorer
I should add that the Druid Cassandra got a lot of mileage wildshaping as an octopus (she has the Natural Spell feat). As an octopus, she helped check out the Lady of the Lake's lair. As an octapus, she helped repair the ship while the fight was going on (especially useful when a critical miss led to more ship damage). And as an octopus she tried to grapple a Wight. Octopi Rock! I now must remember the old song "Eight Arms to Hold You To My Heart"

Roman

First Post
Toby of Kusman said:
I guess the Centaur has corrupted me. I kept thinking of my old full attack of 3x greatsword-attacks with 2d6+7 damage each and 2x hoove-attacks with 1d6+5 damage each... :p
[/I]

That is extremely impressive! :)

BTW: Are we meeting on Saturday this week as usual? Also, is the Friday campaign on this week?

Toby of Kusman

First Post
Roman said:
BTW: Are we meeting on Saturday this week as usual? Also, is the Friday campaign on this week?

The Friday campaign should be on this week. Last week was cancelled because Aran, our super ultra supreme omega tin-can dwarf, couldn't make it. We would not be able to survive without him as our body shield. Furthermore, there were only two players showed up before the DM left for City of Heros.

Oh yea... Saturday... I need to make a tiny modification on my chars' feats since I have a new plan for them, then I will post their stats here.

"Historians will some day write great tales of Akodo's bravery and Doji's charm, while we, who lurk in shadows, will be the villains in thier stories. Tricksters and liars: those will be our roles. Is that not exciting?" - Bayushi

Particle_Man

Explorer
Sure we are on this weekend. Don't forget to bring some money so Cathy can shave her head for cancer. It will be nice to have someone at the gaming table balder than myself. :)

Remove ads