• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Artists! What graphic tablet do you use?

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
My old graphics tablet is no longer supported apparently, so I'm looking for some information from anyone who is successfully using a graphics tablet with macos Yosemite - can you recommend something which you are currently using? I'm re-establishing my interest in creating digital art.

My preference is for A5 tablets, but I'd be happy to hear from people's experiemces of whatever tablets you use.

Thanks!

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
I've got an Intuos that I never use. I am an artist and cartographer, but I have yet to find a tablet that is fast enough to match my speed in drawing, and have thus been turned off with the idea of using a digitizing tablet. Because I run a graphic design studio and have access to a large format, roll type wide format scanner, I can hand-draw linework up to 36" wide, by any reasonable length. I have done hand-drawn maps in pen and ink measuring up to 36 inches by 96 inches. Once a drawing is scanned, I import it to my preferred graphics application and finish the work. In lots of completely digital maps, however, there is no linework at all, rather vector shapes created and filled with bitmap images, so I don't have extensive needs to import linework. Until using a digitizing tablet is as fast at recording drawn lines, as I am, I will avoid using one.

As Hand of Evil, I use PCs, not Mac, and I've been in the digital illustration field for over 20 years.

Remove ads