D&D General "As DM I have Created a Homebrew D&D setting which I have Used for Two or More Separate Campaigns." (a poll)

"As DM I have Created a Homebrew D&D setting which I have Used for Two or More Separate Campaigns."

• True.

Votes: 76 76.8%
  • False.

Votes: 23 23.2%

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
There is a slight difference between the title of this thread (and poll question below) and the actual statement you are saying is true or false for you (it was too long for a title), so read carefully below:

True or False: "As DM I have created (or created collectively with others) a homebrew D&D setting which I have used for two or more separate campaigns."

"Separate campaigns" means two or more distinct series of games that do not share characters or is not a direct continuation of past games. They may or may not share players.
since 1986, multiple military groups for 26 years, and three separate campaigns since I retired.

JEB

Legend
My two 2E campaigns were both in the same homebrew setting, separated by both an in-universe and real-life gap of time. However, our 5E campaign was in a completely different world. (Though I toyed with placing the old campaign setting on the other side of the same planet.)

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Yes-ish.

I was part of a shared world homebrew campaign lasting 25+ years in which games were played at a variety of character levels. The ones in the uppermost story levels would occasionally cameo in the others as NPCs. It started in an AD&D/2Ed amalgam, and died in 3.5Ed.

However, I have run 2 SUPERS campaigns using the same setting, with different players in different cities, and using 2 different systems. The characters from the first campaign were part of a different organization, on a different continent and whose actions preceded the latter campaign by 14 years. For the record, the first campaign was probably my pinnacle as a GM; the latter fizzled after a few months.

edosan

Adventurer
Yes, but…

My own heretical opinion is that worldbuilding is, for the most part, a time sink and a diversion so if I have a homebrew D&D setting it’s “generic fantasy with a splash of the Renaissance and the Victorian Era and also sort of the Sword Coast with the numbers filed off based on my hazy recollection of D&D computer games.”

So yeah, all my games take place there. Wherever “there” is.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases