As Editions progress, are homebrews...

The Little Raven

First Post
Nikosandros said:
That's what I was wondering as well. Will the playable races presented in the MM have the same amount of info as the ones in the PHB? Namely, will they have a set of race specific feats?

They may not have as much cultural/fluff/setting material as the PHB races, but they will have all the mechanics needed to play one. And since they've been pretty keen on "race has much more impact from levels 1-10," I fully expect that to mean full racial progressions just like the PHB ones.

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
Raduin711 said:
I was just wondering... as editions progress, are you finding it more difficult to create your own settings and forge your own path, or have the new editions been making it easier to come up with your own content?

With the abundance of pre-made settings available, if I was so inclined to create a detailed homebrew it would be alot easier. So many sources to borrow from and what not.

Also the rulesets have made it easier to to tailor things the way that I'd like them with all of the options since the OGL and the SRD. Options that you thing are cool you can try to see if they actually are, if their not either design your own or pick another options. I think you can play RAW or you can playtest your own modified house ruled version of the game.

Even though I'm not a booster of 4th ED (I started out with raw blind hate, but now I'm still not feeling it, but there are things I'm definitely going to gank for my 3.5 game. 4E has caused me to go through my 3.5 material (hard copy and PDF's) and begin to customize my game using various options.

For Example, I've added action points from UA into my game, I've made certain feats into maneuvers provided that the pre-requisites are met. I've changed the way metamagic feats
work to make them more attractive to spell casters. I've introduced the idea of Second Wind (from Star Wars Saga ED) and changed the way that natural healing works.

All of these options to customize the game how I'd like. So yeah, for me easier.

Remove ads