• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ascension ability questions

Hey Damien mate! :)

DamienWilacoth said:
Fair enough.

Also, while I remember it - how does the Hatred ability of the Revenge Portfolio interact with actual Favored Enemy bonuses (such as from Ranger levels)?

They would overlap, not stack.

Mr.Satan

First Post
Do avatars and aspects gain the inherent templates of your divine character's manifestation?

Example...

Akalich Lesser Deity creates a quasi-deity level avatar.

Is said avatar also an Akalich?

What if an Akalich Greater Deity creates a Lesser Deity level avatar?

------------------------------------------------------

Thus far I've ruled that they do automatically gain the inherent templates, just not any derived from their divine template.

I'll likely stick with this rule across the board for simplicity's sake.

Another question...

Does it cost experience points to create an avatar in addition to the quintessence cost?

This would make sense as you're essentially ripping out a chunk of your own essence in order to create an avatar.

I've utilized this rule as well in my campaigns as a balancing factor for deities with abnormally powerful avatars.

Howdy Mr.Satan! :)

Mr.Satan said:
Do avatars and aspects gain the inherent templates of your divine character's manifestation?

Example...

Akalich Lesser Deity creates a quasi-deity level avatar.

Is said avatar also an Akalich?

What if an Akalich Greater Deity creates a Lesser Deity level avatar?

Thus far I've ruled that they do automatically gain the inherent templates, just not any derived from their divine template.

I'll likely stick with this rule across the board for simplicity's sake.

No they don't automatically gain it - simply because of game balance.

An Avatar of an Akalich might (more likely) be a Demilich

Another question...

Does it cost experience points to create an avatar in addition to the quintessence cost?

This would make sense as you're essentially ripping out a chunk of your own essence in order to create an avatar.

I've utilized this rule as well in my campaigns as a balancing factor for deities with abnormally powerful avatars.

If its something being used a lot I would say yes, but initially the idea was for it to be just Quintessence.

Farealmer3

Explorer
I have a question U_K. If you were to make an omnific version of the transmute ability how would you go about it. And if it could even be imagined how would you go about a metempiric version?

Hey Farealmer3 amigo! :)

Farealmer3 said:
I have a question U_K. If you were to make an omnific version of the transmute ability how would you go about it. And if it could even be imagined how would you go about a metempiric version?

Probably by making it transform into multiple objects rather than any single object. Not sure how many though off the top of my head.

Remove ads