• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

ASoIaF RPG - A Tourney of Gulls [Recruiting]

Cor Azer

First Post
Hello? Hello? Is the rookery empty?

I know this game is slow getting going because of player unfamiliarity with House construction rules. Would you guys prefer me to take what we've got so far and just finish the House myself so we can get to the good stuff (or at least, get to character generation)?

Kazun

First Post
I am interested in playing. I even made an enworld account just for this thread. :) I've read all the novels, and played through house/character generation back when the Green Ronin system first came out; I am familiar with the process, if a bit rusty.

I could see myself playing a character that is concerned with the House's coin purse. Maybe I oversee the operation of the mines, or perhaps I am tasked with leveraging our assets to secure funding from other houses. The character would be either of a gruff, practical demeanor (in the case of the management of the mines), or a charismatic bookkeeper with a gilded tongue. Either way, I imagine I'm not actually a child of the house. Perhaps I was a ward? Or maybe I've migrated from one of the Free Cities? I will nail down the details soon.

Either way, I'll be adding my d6 to wealth.

I'd also like to say that I like the background that's been fleshed out so far. Nice work, Dr. Z!

Cor Azer

First Post
I am interested in playing. I even made an enworld account just for this thread. :) I've read all the novels, and played through house/character generation back when the Green Ronin system first came out; I am familiar with the process, if a bit rusty.

I could see myself playing a character that is concerned with the House's coin purse. Maybe I oversee the operation of the mines, or perhaps I am tasked with leveraging our assets to secure funding from other houses. The character would be either of a gruff, practical demeanor (in the case of the management of the mines), or a charismatic bookkeeper with a gilded tongue. Either way, I imagine I'm not actually a child of the house. Perhaps I was a ward? Or maybe I've migrated from one of the Free Cities? I will nail down the details soon.

Either way, I'll be adding my d6 to wealth.

I'd also like to say that I like the background that's been fleshed out so far. Nice work, Dr. Z!

Welcome aboard! I added your roll to Wealth as noted.

Either a Ward or Free City fellow can work very well, considering what I've got planned for the game.

I'm not sure if Acmite has thought up a character idea yet, but both DrZombie and Deepwinter are going with more martial characters, so a gilded tongue fellow would be just the sort to get them out of socially awkward situations... or get them into them :)

Kazun

First Post
Just some quick OOC thoughts about our house:

Defense: I think we're doing fine here. Easily our best stat. The next tier is at 51, so if we wanted to just go all-in Defense, we could try and pump that up a bit. I don't think it's necessary, though.

Influence: Again, we're fine. So far, only one person wants to play a child of the house. That still leaves us with 13 to use as a resource during gameplay, and a max status of 4.

Lands: I wish this was higher. For what it's worth, I vote to put (at least) one of our sets of 2d6 into this. As a point of reference, it costs 7 Land to purchase hills, and another 10 to have a hamlet in those hills. Light woods are another 3, a road is 5, etc. We have 7.

Law: This one also worries me. If we can get it to at least 11, the house fortune penalty gets cut in half to -5.

Power: This is better than I would have expected, given our house's history. We could afford to have a banner house if we wanted! I think we're fine.

Wealth: Well my roll didn't help much here, but we're probably ok. It will cost us 10 to have a mine (which requires us to purchase Hills or Mountains in our Land holdings), and another 10 for a maester (which makes it an option for a player). It would also make a lot of sense if we could snag an Artisan for castle-forged equipment or for improved fortifications. That might be greedy though. :)

Cor Azer

First Post
Just some quick OOC thoughts about our house:

Defense: I think we're doing fine here. Easily our best stat. The next tier is at 51, so if we wanted to just go all-in Defense, we could try and pump that up a bit. I don't think it's necessary, though.

Influence: Again, we're fine. So far, only one person wants to play a child of the house. That still leaves us with 13 to use as a resource during gameplay, and a max status of 4.

Lands: I wish this was higher. For what it's worth, I vote to put (at least) one of our sets of 2d6 into this. As a point of reference, it costs 7 Land to purchase hills, and another 10 to have a hamlet in those hills. Light woods are another 3, a road is 5, etc. We have 7.

Law: This one also worries me. If we can get it to at least 11, the house fortune penalty gets cut in half to -5.

Power: This is better than I would have expected, given our house's history. We could afford to have a banner house if we wanted! I think we're fine.

Wealth: Well my roll didn't help much here, but we're probably ok. It will cost us 10 to have a mine (which requires us to purchase Hills or Mountains in our Land holdings), and another 10 for a maester (which makes it an option for a player). It would also make a lot of sense if we could snag an Artisan for castle-forged equipment or for improved fortifications. That might be greedy though. :)

A pretty accurate summary of where your House is and where you might want to go.

I know we haven't "officially" reached this step in the House creation, people may want to start brainstorming House names and/or Mottos. Theoretically, you could start thinking about the house heraldry, but there are some decent rules for coming up with that, so we can figure it out later.

DrZombie

First Post
I'm still here and very happy that one of the players knows what the hell is going on with the house creation.
I'll put my dice wherever you want 'em. Eeeuhm. Game-wize that is :).

Kazun

First Post
Well how about we go ahead and throw 2d6 into Lands and 2d6 into Law, then? Assuming we don't gain any more players, we should be ready to begin character creation.

Cor Azer

First Post
Well how about we go ahead and throw 2d6 into Lands and 2d6 into Law, then? Assuming we don't gain any more players, we should be ready to begin character creation.

Pretty much. There's still some house holdings to purchase, but they don't really directly affect character creation, so we can probably do both at the same time.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads