Assassination 2: The Lost Children

KarinsDad

Adventurer
"I would like to mention that these minotaurs seem like casters to me. It would behoove you all to get behind my mists for protection against them if possible." Chael remarks casually as she knocks back the Minotaur in front of her and then blasts the Minotaurs with stones.

[sblock=Actions]
Chael took 17 - 5 temp hit points = 12 damage.
Dusk took 13 - 5 temp hit points = 8 damage.

Immediate Reaction: Forceful Reversal (augment 1) vs. Minotaur 1

23 vs. Reflex, 12 damage

I assume that 23 vs. Reflex hits. Minotaur 1 is pushed back one square and Chael has CA against it UENT Chael.

Minor: Blood Fury Longsword, Chael is considered bloodied UENT Chael
Minor: Longtooth Shifting, regen while bloodied and +2 damage until end of encounter

Standard: Magic Stone vs. Minotaur 1, 2, and 3 in that order. Chael is at +2 to hit Minotaur 1 and +2 damage vs. all of them. She will not push any of them.

vs. Reflex, 24 Mino 1, 25 Mino 2, 18 Mino 3, 11 damage

+2 to defenses to Chael due to Dusk, +1 to Dusk's defenses due to Chael, partial concealment vs. ranged attacks for all behind Twilight Shield mist

Chael is considered bloodied UENT Chael

Regen 4 (or 6 if hit foe) while bloodied and +2 damage until end of encounter

Ogre 2 still marked
[/sblock]
[sblock=Immediate Actions]
In order:

IR
Mind Spike
Trigger: An adjacent enemy marked by Chael deals damage to her ally with an attack that doesn’t include her as a target.
Effect: The target takes force and psychic damage equal to the damage that its attack dealt to Chael's ally.

Not doing Guardian's Counter this round.

II
Guardian's Counter
Close burst 2; Trigger: An ally within 2 squares of Chael is hit by an attack and she is not included in the attack.
Effect: Chael and the ally shift up to 2 squares as a free action, swapping positions. She becomes the target of the triggering attack, in place of the ally. After the attack is resolved, Chael can make a basic attack against the attacker.

Will do Forceful Reversal Augment 1 without pushing or shifting.

IR
Forceful Reversal (augment 1)
Trigger: An enemy hits Chael.
Attack: +15 vs AC
Hit: 1d8+6 force damage, and Chael pushes the target 1 square.
Effect: Chael doesn’t get her normal standard action on her turn.
Augment 1:
Hit: 1d8+6 force damage, and Chael pushes the target 1 square and then shifts 1 square to the square the target vacated. In addition, she gains combat advantage against the target until the end of her next turn.
Effect: Chael gets her normal standard action on her turn.
Augment 2
Hit: 2d8+6 force damage, and Chael knocks the target prone. The target cannot stand up until the start of its next turn.
Effect: Chael gets her normal standard action on her turn.
[/sblock]

[sblock=stat block]
Chael - Female Longtooth Shifter Hybrid Battlemind | Sentinel Druid
Advantageous Conditions:
Adverse Conditions:
Initiative: +5, Passive Insight: 27 Passive Perception: 27
Senses: Low Light Vision
Power Points: 2/4
HP 64/76
Bloodied 38
Surge Value 19; Surges Per-Day 12/12
AC 29 Fortitude 22 Reflex 20 Will 23 Speed 5
Currently AC: 31 Fortitude 24 Reflex 22 Will 25 adjacent to Dusk, partial concealment vs. ranged Twilight Shield
Action Points: 1
Second Wind: Not Used
Dusk:
HP: 30/38 Senses: low light vision, prone
Speed: 6, Initiative: equal to Chael's
AC: 23, Fortitude: 25, Reflex: 21, Will: 25
Currently AC: 24, Fortitude: 26, Reflex: 22, Will: 26 (adjacent to Chael) PLUS partial concealment vs. ranged Twilight Shield
Powers:
At will:
Battlemind's Demand
Conductive Defense
Forceful Reversal
Magic Stone
Melee Basic
Mind Spike
Encounter:
Camouflage Cloak
Guardian's Counter
Healing Word
Longtooth Shifting
Psionic Vigor
Second Wind
Spirited Wind
Wind Wall
Daily:
Aspect Of Elevated Harmony
Summon Fire Beetle
Wall of Thorns
Trained: 11 Athletics, 13 Endurance, 16 Insight, 16 Perception
Untrained: 2 Acrobatics, 5 Arcana, 4 Bluff, 4 Diplomacy, 9 Dungeoneering, 9 Heal, 5 History, 4 Intimidate, 11 Nature, 5 Religion, 2 Stealth, 4 Streetwise, 2 Thievery
Feats:
Hybrid Talent
Heart of the Blade
Melee Training (Wisdom)
Mark of Warding
Longtooth Spirit Shifter
Psychic Feast
Magic Items:
Belt of Vigor
Boots of Fencing Master
Amulet of Protection +2
Twilight Heavy Shield
Blood Fury Longsword +2
Cloak of Displacement +2
Dragonrider Scale +3
Summon Fire Beetle
Siberys Shard of the Mage
2 Potions of Healing
Companion Defender
[/sblock]

Last edited:

KarinsDad

Adventurer
OOC:
I will wait with my post to see what others do and heal at the end :)

OOC: Btw, as I mentioned at the beginning of the previous adventure (which was forever ago), please do not ever heal Dusk or Chael unless she requests it. It's a waste of her healing surges. Thanks.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: Btw, as I mentioned at the beginning of the previous adventure (which was forever ago), please do not ever heal Dusk or Chael unless she requests it. It's a waste of her healing surges. Thanks.

OOC: Sure. May I know why? PM if you don't want to discuss (so not to waste forum space :) )

FourMonos

First Post
Also, FourMonos, please consider Venakhad's Bastion of Mental Clarity on area attacks against Will - I couldn't save Czern because Ven wasn't included in the attack (and because of his abysmal stat), but I would interrupt Spirit of nature's wrath if it is against will...please consider it if/when other minotaur(s) (or other enemies) use their attacks ...

I will wait with my post to see what others do and heal at the end :)[/OOC]

GM: I checked it. I remember the annoying harpy round from the previous fight. It wouldn't have helped Bellegon and I rolled crazy bad against the Will deficient fighters, so you get to keep it for later :)

Vertexx69

First Post
The Palisade Round 4
Rohna,
Goliath Fighter/Warlord 10
67/88 HP (5THP)
Resist All 1

Rohna Yanks back hard on the reigns again, to set up another charge. The dire boar seems to finally be growing accustomed to the stink of the ogres and does not shy away this time. The pulsing crimson runes that run the length of the black blade vanish as they sink through the meaty shoulder of the drooling brute, to be met from a much lower angle by the heavy black tusk cap of Olaf's gore.
[sblock=Combat Actions]Free: Speak
Minor: ...
Move: south 10'
Standard: MBA charge to C20/D21 vs Ogre2 Hit AC26 for 23 dmg
Action Point: ...
Gore:
vs Ogre2 Hit AC29 for 18 dmg[/sblock][sblock=Rohna]Rohna—Female Goliath Fighter 10 Resist all 1
Initiative: +5, Passive Perception: 21, Passive Insight: 16
AC: 26, Fort: 22, Reflex: 17, Will: 18 — Speed: 5(6), 9 when mounted
HP: 67/88 (5THP), Bloodied: 44, Surge: 22, Surges left: 13/13;
AP: 0/1, Second Wind: Used, Milestones 0
Powers -
Crushing Surge
Cleave
Practiced Rider
Passing Strike
Disrupting Advance

Rhino Strike
Hydra Charge

Stone's Endurance

Perceive Weakness
Inspiring Word
Villain's Menace

Boundless Endurance
Rain of Steel
Bloody Blades

Vanguard Glaive +2 "Kordestad" (daily, minor)
Flaming Warhammer +1 (daily, free)
Antipathy Gloves (daily, standard)
Summoning Rimefire Plate (at-will, minor)
[sblock=Pals]Olaf—Dire Boar 6
Resist 10 all; HP 85/85 (0THP); Bloodied 42 AC 20; Fortitude 21, Reflex 17, Will 16, Speed 9. Property: Rabid Charger (while mounted by a friendly rider of 6th level or higher; at-will) Mount; After Rohna charges, Olaf makes a gore attack in addition to Rohna's charge attack. Furious Charge; When Olaf charges, his gore deals an extra 5 damage, pushes the target 2 squares, and knocks the target prone on a hit. Death Strike (when reduced to 0 hit points); Olaf makes a gore attack. Powers: Gore (standard; at-will); +11 vs. AC; 2d10 + 4 damage, or 2d10 + 9 damage against a prone target.

Mitra—Vadalis-Bred Griffon 11
Resist 10 all; HP 126/126 (0THP); Bloodied 63, 2/2 HS (31), AC 26; Fortitude 25, Reflex 24, Will 23, Speed 9. Property: Rabid Charger (while mounted by a friendly rider of 7th level or higher; at-will) Mount; After Rohna charges, Mitra makes a claw attack in addition to Rohna's charge attack. Powers: Claws (standard; at-will); +16 vs. AC; 2d6 + 5 damage.

Gretta—Construct 15 (Seed of War)
AC: 28, Fort: 23, Reflex: 19, Will: 18 — Speed: 4
HP: 22/22(0); Bloodied 11
Helps flank, can be attacked. Spend HS to negate dmg to seed warrior. Deal 10 dmg to adjacent foe when ally hits that foe.

[/sblock][/sblock][sblock=OOC]Nothing I can do if the dice won't cooperate.That's the 4th d20 roll under 8 in a row.

Damage Summary:
(Total damage if all attacks hit)

Ogre2 (41 dmg)
MBA 23 dmg
Gore 18 dmg
[/sblock]

Warlock casts his pall of shadows on the wounded ogre again, hoping to take another sliver of its soul, but despite meeting the black gaze, ogre remains standing. It seems its dull mind is too full of pain to register the threat of barely visible drow.

Bellegon screams in frustration. "AAARGH! There's too much light on the surface to hit anything! And these ogres are already damned, their souls pledged to another."

[sblock=Actions]
Minor: curse Ogre2
Standard: Spiteful glamour vs Will (Ogre 2); psychic damage; curse (1d20+12+2=15, 1d8+8+1=15, 1d6=5) - natural 1 of course, why would striker kill anything?

Move: C22, gain shadow walk concealment
[/sblock]

[sblock=Bellegon Stats]
Bellegon Darksun

AURA: 2
CURSED: Ogre 4, Ogre 2 - Bellegon has +2 to defenses vs these

Initiative +7; Senses Passive Insight 14, Passive Perception 14, Darkvision
HP 42/65 Bloodied 32, Surge Value 16, Surges 7/7
AC 21; Fortitude 17, Reflex 19, Will 20
1 AP
Saving Throws:
Speed 6

Eldritch Strike
Spiteful Glamor
Fast Hands: once per round stash or retrieve item as free action

Cloud of Darkness
Second Wind
Cursebite
Shadow Step
Shared Agony
Life Siphon
Confounding Laugther
Takedown Strike

Your Glorious Sacrifice
Twilight of the Soul
Ring of Pain

Talon amulet - Daily: Minor: melee attacker suffers 1d6 damage 'till the end of the encounter
Knifethrower gloves: Daily : Free Action. When Bellegon hits with a thrown weapon attack he can add +5 power bonus to damage roll
Grand master training (gloves of eldritch admixture): 5/5 charges
Rod of Avernus - Daily: minor action - enemy that ends its turn adjacent to Bellegon takes 5 psychic damage 'till the end of the encounter

Acrobat boots: at-will: stand up as minor

NOTE: current implement setup: accurate bloodcurse rod +1 and off-hand accurate rod of avernus +2
With fast hands I exchange the rods as needed between
accurate darkspiral rod +2
off-hand accurate rod of avernus +2
acurate bloodcurse +1
off-hand non-accurate rod of corruption +1 - this one is useless in this wide map
challenge seeking dagger +1 - this one can be drawn as part of the attack action so OA can look like this: free: drop rod, free: attack with the dagger

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Neurotic

[MENTION=36973]stonegod[/MENTION], [MENTION=82251]TwoHeadsBarking[/MENTION]?

Would you like me to try and remove Ogre2 from play so you two can move freely?

KarinsDad

Adventurer
[MENTION=36973]stonegod[/MENTION], [MENTION=82251]TwoHeadsBarking[/MENTION]?

Would you like me to try and remove Ogre2 from play so you two can move freely?

OOC: It's already taking forever for each round because people are not posting quickly. Do you really want to wait and have an OOC conversation to slow it up even more??? Post your actions and move on. With 7 PCs of nearly Paragon level and the plethora of options they each have, there is no need to try to figure out great tactics or to find the best way to set up another PC. :erm:

Neurotic

OOC: It's already taking forever for each round because people are not posting quickly. Do you really want to wait and have an OOC conversation to slow it up even more??? Post your actions and move on. With 7 PCs of nearly Paragon level and the plethora of options they each have, there is no need to try to figure out great tactics or to find the best way to set up another PC. :erm:

Well, three days ago, I said I'll wait for the end of round and in three days only Vertexx69 posted. I will wait until later today to give a chance to Americans to catch up with time difference (like you just did).

Remove ads