Assault on Dire Wood

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"Devils ah?" exclaimed the giant man, trying hard not to look too pleased at the prospect. "Guess the red guy's still alive and trying to break free then? HA! Now THAT I can understand!" Then he grew puzzled... "This ain't the Nine Hells though: what's he doing messing about in the High Forest of all places?"

"Let's head back," he gestured to the shadow maid. "I'll cook you a Camp Special that'll fill up your granddaughter three generations down!"

3SpdDragster

First Post
Pulling back somewhat from the edge of the Warding Trees, the adventurers set up a rough and ready camp for the night. With still a few hours till dark they each prepare in their own way for the day ahead.

The evening comes and everyone is slightly unnerved. It is not until a little into the night that you realise that the night is deathly quiet. There seems to be an absence of the usual nocturnal creatures in this area.

But, morning does arrive with some certainty.

OOC: My understanding is that you will be travelling south to intercept the river and follow it to the "ruins"

With scouts out front and rear the group enters into the forest past the warding trees.

Kesem and Dorn both have similar experiences to Yann, the feeling of a roaring font of magic threatening to swamp their senses, which slowly recedes to a dull throb after a short while.

Yann and Bumble, having already experienced the effect are untroubled as they once again enter the Dire Wood.

The forest is thick and overly warm, Frigate is finding the going hard and Ydadoras and Dorn manage to find ways through that are big enough for the warhorse. The scouts are travelling slowly, stopping frequently to get their bearings and observe the area. After three hours of travel, most of the group is sweating freely and it is with some relief that the forest soon opens up. The temperature is slightly cooler and visibility is significantly better as well.

I would like perception checks. DC = 18

[sblock=ifpassed]

You notice movement at X on the map.

Encounter 1R1.png

[/sblock]

Initiatives please.

Skarsgard

Explorer
[roll0]
[roll1]

Bumble is relieved to be out of the thicker woods, even for her small frame it was a chore. Coming into the clearing she draws a big breath of the fresher air and freezes as she notices movement ahead. With her lightning fast reflexes she stands at the ready.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Dorn silently gestures for the group to stop, and points towards where he sensed movement and for all to see. Silently again, he gestures for all to spread-out a bit, and will move to the left of the group.

OOC: Dorn will move silently and hide in square A10. His bow is ready and the hood of his cloak was already on his head (it always is).
Stealth to move silently [roll0]
stealth to hide[roll1]
stealth with advantage to hide because of cloak [roll2]
Note that perceptions checks to spot him have disadvantage because of his cloak.

I'm not sure f I need to roll for the move silently, if not, please disregard the first roll

Remove ads