• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Assault on Stormbringer Castle

maddmic

Explorer
Kale watched the stump of a fellow charge up the path towards that which they did not know. He reached into his haversack and produced a crystal. Having plucked out the one set into his shield, he place the new on in it's slot. He then placed the plucked crystal back into the haversack.

"I mentioned that Sarenrae would protect us, yet I didn't mean that we should go rushing off without a care. It's a long way to the castle from here, how long before you think the dwarf gets winded?"

OOC:
Placing Greater Shield Crystal of Arrow Deflection into his large shield. The weapon and armor crystals shouldn't be swapped out as I only have one of each of them.

Last edited:

The mountain itself is not extremely tall, topping out around 2,000 feet. The road itself winds around the mountain in a series of switchbacks and is probably eight to ten thousand feet in length. The road is the easiest and most direct route to the castle. From the base of the mountain, the castle can be seen but is only the size of a hand from that distance.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Stealth ain't much use for a dwarf. I got too much mithril to be able to hide. If yer fer wantin', we can spread out when'er ya think they may be able ta see us.

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Sevarian shrugs. "Well then you tromp along however you'd like, I'll let you weather whatever comes our way for now."

OOC: Start moving up the path at half speeding, hiding and moving silently.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Fear not my dwarven friend, I follow!" Mirm says as he quickly reaches the place the dwarf is. "With an infinitesimal use of my power, I can turn you invisible. If you wish to come close to the castle without been seen, I can cast it on you. For the sound your gear produces I'm afraid I have no cure."

Shayuri

First Post
"If we can't hide all of us," Aridha says lightly, "Then maybe we can work that to our advantage. We can set a little trap. With luck, and some nerve, we can even get through the gate."

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Kulgen fidgets around alittle, Aint too comf'terble with tha magic. I'll do it if ya do me a favor, don't tell me kin. He glances at Aridha, If ya want ta set a trap, better use me as da bait. Giants be fer hatin my kin, we got too good at choppin those big tree legs down!

Shayuri

First Post
The tracker nods serenely.

"That was, in essence, my idea, yes."

She regards the others.

"And the rest of you? Do you want to attack the castle with main force, or try something...more subtle? Both have risks...rather extreme risks. But they would not have called on us if this was going to be easy."

maddmic

Explorer
Kale looks at Aridha. "I'm not one for stealth. It's not my strong suit. I am ready to proceed though. I fear that wasting time is not in our best interest, yet neither is rushing forward without information. Perhaps somebody could scout ahead while the rest of us move at a normal pace up the path? Or perhaps a simple show of force will let them know that we mean to end this now."

Last edited:

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Tha pointy ears are good fer yer sneakin. I'm here fer layin a giant or two low, but smart enough to know I'll be needin yer help later. Can't have ya all dyin around me!

ooc: I don't know if they would leave their castle for a trap setting. Maybe we could find a way to bring them out of their gate? (like burn the thing?) Either way, I'm afraid Kulgen isn't going to be able to hide unless an elf sticks him in a bush and makes sure he is hidden and can hold still.

Remove ads