• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Assault on Stormbringer Castle

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Well... They must be afraid of fire... they are not fire giants after all. May be I can weaken the gates, by putting them alight?"

Shayuri

First Post
Aridha chuckles.

"Go with that. I'll scout out the gates and path ahead...maybe there's a weakness we can exploit."

She crouches down and leaps over a boulder on the side of the path. Silent as a whisper, she vanishes into the shadows off the trail and doesn't reappear this time.

(will range ahead until I can see either the castle gates, or trouble. Let me know if you want me to roll stealth and perception rolls or if you want to do so secretly. Different GM's do those differently. :))

hero4hire

Explorer
Shayuri said:
Aridha chuckles.

"Go with that. I'll scout out the gates and path ahead...maybe there's a weakness we can exploit."

She crouches down and leaps over a boulder on the side of the path. Silent as a whisper, she vanishes into the shadows off the trail and doesn't reappear this time.

(will range ahead until I can see either the castle gates, or trouble. Let me know if you want me to roll stealth and perception rolls or if you want to do so secretly. Different GM's do those differently. :))

The looming half-orc nodded. He probably wasn't as skilled as his smaller teammate but he did not want to leave her to go ahead alone. "I will be within earshot."

follow 150 or so feet behind stealthily as he can

Aridha sets off up the road followed by Jotunn at a discreet distance. The climb is not difficult but is slow going with the efforts to remain silent and unseen. A few small side paths intersect the main road at various places. The two are forced to hide from a patrol of four rather large gargoyles, flying high over the upper reaches of the road. Several hours later, Aridha finds herself in a good position to see the castle gates. Jotunn remains hidden further down the road and out of position to get a good look at the castle. She gets a good look at the thick, 90-foot-tall double iron doors that block the castle's entrance. Two stone watch towers rise to either side of them, ending 10 feet above the gates. In each battlement, an ogre trains a ballista on the entrance.

Meanwhile, down below on the road, the rest of the party hears heavy approaching footsteps and the guttural language of orcs or possibly ogres. It would be very easy to hide and surprise this unsuspecting group as they do not sound as if they are moving with any sort of a purpose...

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Kulgen readies his shield and axe, Stay behind me. Especially if they come charging. Hehehehe. He whispers.

ooc: Kulgen will ready his defensive stance if they come charging at him. If they charge another party member, then he will try to step in between them. (unless they are melee :) )

maddmic

Explorer
Kale watches the archer run and hide. He then looks at the dwarf. 'Hmmm, he's not shy, that's for sure.'

He then nods to the dwarfs suggestion. "I have no reason to fear with Sarenrae as my protector. I shall meet them with you Kulgan."

OOC:
The cleric readies his shield and mace for the incoming hostiles.

Kale, Kulgen, Mirm and Sevarian
[sblock]The approaching group rounds a bend in the road about 50 feet from where the four of you are waiting. Ogres...seven of them. They appear in no hurry until they spot Kale and Kulgen in the middle of the road. With shouts of frenzied joy, they surge towards the dwarf and human like a large wave about to crash against the shore.

Combat Info:
Initiatives are as follows:
Sevarian 24
Mirm 19
Ogres 16
Kale 15
Kulgen 12
All actions taken in previous posts have been applied (Mirm turning invisible, Sevarian hiding and nocking an arrow, etc.) The ogres start at 50 feet and move on their turn at a charge pace. Actions for the first round?
[/sblock]

Aridha and Jotunn
[sblock]Meanwhile, up near the castle, the scene doesn't really change significantly. The two ogres in the towers on opposite sides of the gate continue their watch, ballistae trained on the gate area. After a bit of additional scrutiny, Aridha notices that there are at least two large gargoyles up on the battlements as well. She almost mistook them for statues...[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads