• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Assault on Stormbringer Castle

Kale, Kulgen, Mirm and Sevarian
[sblock]Mirm calls forth his fireball, placing it so that only the ogres are caught by the flames. The flames only lick at the backs of the ogres so as not to harm Kulgan and Kale but they are enough to end the battle before it really began. All four remaining ogres fall to the ground in smoldering heaps.[/sblock]

Aridha and Jotunn
[sblock]Aridha returns to Jotunn and the two make their way back down the road to the others. The return trip is easier and faster without having to be quite as cautious the further away from the castle that the two get.[/sblock]

Everyone
About an hour after the battle with the ogres, Aridha and Jotunn return from their scouting mission. Approximately four or five hours have passed since the group set out from town. It is around midday and the rain is still falling lightly.

Shayuri

First Post
Aridha nods in greeting as she and Jotunn arrive.

"There's patrols along the way, including some gargoyles in the air," she reports without preamble. "The main gate is a good eighty feel tall, and is solid iron. There's towers on either side with ballista manned by ogres. Similar towers at all four corners. No easy way in, of course...it's a castle."

She takes a breath and adds, "If we can somehow get the lot of us around to the back wall though...it's huge, and poorly guarded. We might be able to use magic there to get through it undetected."

"Otherwise, there'll be quite a battle."

Voda Vosa

First Post
"I could make some of you, invisible at sight, and then use my arcane powers again, so we can levitate to the towers, each group take a tower, and then we use the ballistae to kill the giants in the castle. A deadly trap that castle is." Mirm says simply.

Shayuri

First Post
Aridha nods.

"I'm fairly sure I can climb the walls...and shouldn't have too much trouble staying out of sight, though it could make for slow going. I was also thinking some kind of mass invisibility and spell to stop noises could allow all of us to get around to the rear unnoticed. Then we could either climb, float or fly to the top of the wall. Or use magic to tunnel through or under. The back wall, with only a cliff behind it, didn't have much in the way of scrutiny."

hero4hire

Explorer
Nac Mac Feegle said:
Sevarian turns to the more magically-practiced members of the party and shrugs. "Think you can get us in the easy way?

"If so then I agree to this plan. If not I say the best and most stealthy climbers climb each tower and take out the ballistae."

OOC: Still unaware of the Gargoyles correct?

OOC: So what's the plan? Climb the back wall where it is nearly a quarter mile between guard towers? Climb one of the towers itself? Use invisibility of some sort to conceal the entire party or just part of it? Or something else altogether?

Voda Vosa

First Post
OOC: invisibility to the party, then levitate to get us on the towers. Of course Mirm will be in the last tower, so he can cast levitate to the others. Then use some signal to levitate and attack all at once.

Remove ads