• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Assault on Stormbringer Castle

maddmic

Explorer
Kale looks at the dwarf and the sorcerer, then nods. "Perhaps it would not be wise to go up there without myself? Once you are ready, let me know. I shall then silence us and our immediate area."

The cleric looks around for a small and insignificant rock or stone on which to cast the spell. Once he finds a suitable subject, he palms it and waits for the sorcerer to weave his magic.

OOC: I'm assuming that invisiblilty was cast before approaching the walls...

IC:
Spells cast, Kulgen, Kale and Mirm begin to slowly rise up the steep face of the tower wall with Severian, Jotunn and Aridha waiting amongst the cover of the rocks.

The tower rises another ten feet above the ninety foot tall walls. A lone ogre with a ballista guards the tower, as originally reported by Aridha. The tower itself appears to be about 40' by 40' and the ogre mans the ballista on a raised turret five feet from teh tower walls. A circular section of metal protects the shooter, giving a great deal of cover.

With the light failing as the sun slides behind the mountains, it is becoming difficult to see at any great distance. Within the massive and lengthy walls of the castle, three buildings can be seen. Two are long and rectangular and the third is circular with a strange shape splitting it through the middle. The long rectangular buildings might be about 200' long and the circular building appears massive and is tall, much like a tower. The closest of these buildings is approximately 500' away from the tower. None of the other towers are visible in the encroaching darkness...

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
"Dwarves aren't supposed ta fly. Need me feet on the ground." Kulgen continues to mentally complain as he flies up the wall. His feet touch down and he thanks every god he can think of for being on the ground again. He waits to move, unsure of what the others want to do. He normally would charge...... but that isn't generally a good idea with a fireball lovin' mage behind ya.

maddmic

Explorer
Just after Mirim cast his levitate on the threesome, Kale waved his hand over the small stone and mentioned a quick prayer. He then snapped his fingers to illustrate to the others that the immediate area around them was silenced. As they rise, he motions to the other and flashes 15 using his hand, hoping that they'll understand to stay within 15' of him.

Once on the wall and having taken in all that could, or couldn't be seen, he turned to the other two. Nodding in the direction of the tower, he pulls his morning star and moves with determination towards their foe. He didn't like sneaking around like this and normally wasn't any good at it. Now that he had cast the silence spell though, the ogre wouldn't even hear his death approaching. He hated that the ogre would never know his reason for being slain, but in this situation, stealth was a necessity. There would be plenty of time to let the others know that their evil ways must be stopped so that the good people of Argalis, could live in peace.

Voda Vosa

First Post
The sorcerer levitates to the tower, with his arms crossed in front of his chest.
"Death to our enemies!" thinks Mirm when he gazes the ogre, playing with the ballistae. "I should have cast See invisible before... You were right master! I'm to anxious! " he thinks, ashamed, not knowing where his friends were.

Remove ads