At what point does a thread become necro?

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
I figure the comedy (attempted, some more successfully than others) is coming from the fact that the question lends itself to tongue-in-cheek answers. And there's no real definitive answer because thread necromancy can be pretty contextual. It's also largely benign.

cranberry

Adventurer
I figure the comedy (attempted, some more successfully than others) is coming from the fact that the question lends itself to tongue-in-cheek answers. And there's no real definitive answer because thread necromancy can be pretty contextual. It's also largely benign.

Yea, I wasn't looking for a definitive answer, I was just asking for opinions.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
I'm not sure why this thread is getting snarky responses.

Is there some issue with this question?

I don't see what's so hard about providing a simple (real) opinion
I apologize, I was just trying to have a little fun. My opinion a thread necro isnt really a big deal. Though, I do laugh when I see one from a thread that is 15-20+ years old.

Ryujin

Legend
It's kind of like Justice Potter Stewart's declaration regarding obscenity: "I know it when i see it." If a thread hasn't been commented on for 6 months, it's dead. If it hasn't been commented on for a month? Maybe. Maybe not. Perhaps it needs to be declared well and truly dead?

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
Yea, I wasn't looking for a definitive answer, I was just asking for opinions.
I'm sorry, I didn't mean disrespect. I just thought about making a (lame) joke. I don't have a real answer to the question, I guess it really depends on the thread and on whether at least some of the previous posters are still active and interested in carrying on that discussion.

I'm not sure why this thread is getting snarky responses.

Is there some issue with this question?

I don't see what's so hard about providing a simple (real) opinion
why so serious GIF

Ryujin

Legend
I'm sorry, I didn't mean disrespect. I just thought about making a (lame) joke. I don't have a real answer to the question, I guess it really depends on the thread and on whether at least some of the previous posters are still active and interested in carrying on that discussion.
Very much so. If a thread was originally about "This thing is coming" and someone reopens it to post "The thing is now here", as I recently did for the B5 animated movie, that's probably not threadcromancy. It's just continuing a discussion in a way that includes previous information and allows reflection on previous assumptions.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Very much so. If a thread was originally about "This thing is coming" and someone reopens it to post "The thing is now here", as I recently did for the B5 animated movie, that's probably not threadcromancy. It's just continuing a discussion in a way that includes previous information and allows reflection on previous assumptions.
Malaysiamoji Yes GIF by Maxis

Remove ads