AtS.org Midnight fansite migration

Nifelhein

First Post
Well the site will be ported to a new forum system in the near future, the first step in the procedure will be that the site will not be found on the usual www.againsttheshadow.org address but on the http://www.pathsoflegend.org address.

The later is already pointing to the site and it is uncertain when the original address will stop pointing to the current site. After that we will have a brand new forum up for use, content won't be imported so all users will have to re-register in the new site and we wil run a volunteer program to transport the old site threads and content to the new one, but that wil take a while to begin.

I will keep you all informed of the process as we go through it.

Cheers,

Raoni "Nifelhein" Monteiro.
www.AgainsttheShadow.org Admin.

Nifelhein

First Post
Just an update, the original domain is down already, so http://www.pathsoflegend.org/ is the one to be used from now on. Also, you may notice the link to the forums is not working properly, that is because it links to the original domain, just change againsttheshadow to pathsoflegend (attention to the S) and it will be fine, inside the forums everything is all okay.

if you are lazy, just use http://www.pathsoflegend.org/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=index to get to the forums. ;)

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Just a note, you might want to do the same about changing your sig Nif, so as not to alarm people that might read it.

In any case I'm hopeful the new server change will do Midnight fans a world of good.

Nifelhein

First Post
Well spot, so used not to read my own sign that forgot about it, thanks for the support, Nightfall. We hope the Midnight fan community will survive this change of servers and site software too.

Posters in the forums there (now PoL) are devising a name for the situation, latest suggestion is The Sundering.

Nightfall

How about Legends in Shadows? Just an idear.

And no problem Nif. I just didn't want people to get the wrong idea about where you work. AtG.org was/is a great site no matter its name or domain changes. :)

Nifelhein

First Post
Well, we will be back to the original domain name in sometime, the change is happening because the host of the site never answered when we tried to contact and the forums software could not help us battle the legion of spammers that were registering and posting in the forums, the load of work to the site webmaster could not be transfered even to the admins.

The new forums are being tested and customized right now, meaning we will have a full site back on the AtS.org domain soon enough.

PoL was just the other domain we had to keep the old site while we moved hosts for the original one, meaning we could keep the site up by all means. If we did have to permanently change the name that would be a good one too.

We expect after the move the site will have more frequent updates and less problems to us, admins and moderators.

Nightfall

I'm glad to hear that. I know for me, if I need a Midnight question answered, AtS.org (or I should say now PoL), is the place to go.

Remove ads