• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Attack Focus and Balanced Attack

IndyPendant

First Post
Here's a couple of feats I'm introducing into my campaigns, and I thought I would pass them through the gaun--err, get some feedback on the forums here. What do you think?

Attack Focus [Combat]
Source: This one’s entirely my own.
Prerequisite: Base Attack Bonus +1 or higher.
Benefit: You may take a Full Attack action to make a single attack. This attack gains a +2 bonus for every five points of BAB you have, rounded up. (+2 attack bonus at +1 to +5 BAB, +4 at +6 to +10, etc.) Any other attacks you gain from any other source (including Improved Trip, Cleave, Attacks of Opportunity, Haste, etc) do not gain this bonus.

Balanced Attack [Combat]
Source: This one’s entirely my own.
Prerequisite: Base Attack Bonus +11 or higher.
Benefit: When taking the Full Attack action to make iterative attacks, you may choose to take a –5 penalty to your first attack. If you do so, then your third attack (and your fourth if you have an appropriate BAB) gains a +5 bonus. These penalties and bonuses apply only for the Full Attack action.

Timeron Malachi

First Post
I like the Attack Focus feat, but it's prereq should be BAB +6...if you're sacrificing your second attack to have a slightly better to hit, that's one thing...but, the only thing you give up at 1-5 BAB, is the ability to move afterwards.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads