I'm working on a human Cleric what do you think about these attributes:

Str 16
Con 10
Dex 10
Int 10
Wis 16
Cha 14

I put the +2 into Cha
If you're a Human, note that you could have the following strictly better stats (put the 11 wherever you want). You do it by putting the +2 in Str or Wis and then just buying the 14 Cha.

Str 16
Con 11
Dex 10
Int 10
Wis 16
Cha 14

Destil

Explorer
soggybag said:

Str 16
Con 10
Dex 10
Int 10
Wis 16
Cha 14

I put the +2 into Cha
I'd recommend this instead:
Str 16
Con 11
Dex 10
Int 10
Wis 16
Cha 14
It's the exact same, except you put the +2 into a 14. This gains you a net +4 points instead of +3, so you can bump con up an added point (which gives you a +1 once you hit 11th and a +2 once you hit 21st.

Other than that you have a good versatile cleric who can switch between melee and ranged, wis and str powers at need. The extra human power will give you some added depth, too.

silentounce

First Post
soggybag said:

Str 16
Con 10
Dex 10
Int 10
Wis 16
Cha 14

I put the +2 into Cha

Hmmm... I'd focus on either Wis or Str for the +2. I don't believe any cleric powers use Cha as the "to hit" attribute, they're all Wis or Str. The extra +1 won't mean anything if you don't succeed on hitting with the power. Unless of course you wanted the 14 Cha for roleplaying or skill reasons.

And thanks for your suggestion Surgoshan. I guess I should have mentioned that I was planning on picking up scale armor prof, plus the extra HP is nice. I also don't plan on using any powers that key off of Int. Although, I've been tossing around the idea of multiclassing ranger, not sure how that would effect my stat allocation. I don't suppose it would.

silentounce

First Post
Yeoman said:
No, but the most common race in groups was human for the majority of third edition. It was hard to pass up that feat. :)

Man, doesn't anybody pick something for their character that's not based on power gaming? I'm playing in three campaigns right now, out of a total of about 16 characters, there are only two humans.

MindWright

First Post
I built a Halfling Ranger yesterday and ended up with a 16 in both Str and Dex, then took powers that could all be used with either ranged or melee attacks. I used TWF style since archery style only gives you Defensive Mobility, and I figured I could take that as a feat later if I wanted it.

It should be really easy to play, but it probably won't be as effective as a pure build, just versatile.

Remove ads