• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

AU: Northlands

FaenFriend

First Post
Surprised by her willingness to tussle, Kai-Moash tries to send them both rolling, hoping that he will come out on top and pin her arms down. He doesn't really want to hurt her, after all. Somewhere at the back of his adolescent mind, he's completely exhilarated by this close contact with a female giant.

Too bad about all this armor.

Attempt to pin.

Last edited:

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Kai-Moash manages to get a pin, barely managing to hold on as Eai-Drona rolls, but she is unable to dislodge his grip. After a five-second count, the mayor yields. "Well done, boy. You fight well, if a little unorthodox."

FaenFriend

First Post
Kai-Moash stands and extends his hand to the mayor to help her to her feet.

"I was lucky, your honor," he says, rubbing a few bruises. "Any other day and you would have had me. You fought well and were far more skilled than I."

Breathing hard, Kai-Moash grins at is defeated opponent and then glances around to the other rings to see how his friends are doing.

Turning back to the mayor, he adds, "Perhaps we can have a drink and conversation under friendlier circumstances some time. I'm hoping to start a smithy here and I'm sure I need to clear that with you and ... well, it can wait for another time."

Arden

First Post
Galed finds Kai-Moash after the second round is completed and slaps him on the back. "I was practically raised in the practice yard, but I never saw a fight like that," he says, giving the Giant a lobsided smile. "I think you have... considerable potential."

FaenFriend

First Post
"Ah, well, indeed," stammers Kai-Moash, smiling from ear to ear at the praise. He takes a deep gulp of cold water. "I'm sure in your next match you will show us all how it's really done."

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
The next match is announced. Kai-Moash is up against a quickling with a pair of axes, Jonas is fighting a middle-aged sibeccai in carefully polished, heavily dented plate, and Tenkar's opponent is a slender man wielding a spikestaff. Galed's opponent is none other than Varatel. As the two are led into the ring, the grizzled sibeccai gives the young man a tired smile. He has apparently had decent workout already.

(Initiative and other combat stats, Arden.)

Arden

First Post
"It's an honour to cross swords with you, captain," Galed bows his head respectfully to Varatel before dropping into a combat stance.

Initiative roll=15
AC: 19 (20 if Varatel is using a sword)
Longsword +9 (+3 BAB, +3 strength, +1 weapon focus, +1 masterwork, +1 warrior's day bonus [assuming you're using that rule])
Damage: 1D8+4 (+3 strength, +1 natural swordsman)

If Galed acts first he will attack with his longsword.
What kind of armour is Varatel wearing?

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Arden said:
What kind of armour is Varatel wearing?

(He's got an articulated plate jack, wields a khopesh, and acts first. Yes, you do get the bonus for Warrior's Day; so does he.)

Varatel sweeps a massive blow forward, but Galed deflects it handily.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads