• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

AU: Northlands

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Arden said:
Galed counters with a backhanded slash from his longsword.
Galed's blow slips past the sibeccai's defenses, hammering his plate solidly. Varatel responds with a pair of swift blows, neither of which penetrate Galed's defenses.

Arden

First Post
He's fast. You're not going to win this one with anything fancy, Galed.

Galed spots an opening on Varatel's right side and lunges for it, hoping to land another blow.

Paxus, Galed will just keep trading blows like this as long as Varatel doesn't do anything unusual, so you just roll the whole combat at once if you'd like. I leave it to your discretion.

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Two quick exchanges of blows follow, one of Galed's slipping past and delivering a solid blow, but then a wild swing opens Galed up to a swift disarm. Galed's sword flies out of his hand, landing with the last 15 inches of blade outside the ring.

Arden

First Post
Galed glances quickly at his sword, lying just out of reach. Well that isn't going to make this any easier. Deciding against retrieving the blade, he pulls out his morningstar and attacks again.

Morningstar +7 (1D8+3)

Arden

First Post
Galed offers Varatel his hand to help him up after the end of the match. "You fight well, captain. I think fortune favoured me today."

Erekose13

Explorer
Jonas catches up with Kai-Moash during the break between matches and congratulates the giant on his unorthodox victory. With all of the victories his new companions have garnered Jonas knows that he will probably have to face one of them at some point.

During his match with the sibeccai Jonas tries to use his intimidating presence to his advantage, trying to set his opponent off hoping that he will make mistakes.

[ooc: Im back :)]

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
The other's matches proceed relatively easily, all proving victorious. The next match will prove quite interesting, however; Tenkar and Kai-Moash are paired against each other, and Jonas, with his frightening demeanor, is set against the only favorite still remaining: the Darkling Blade herself. Galed is set against one of the other caravan guards, who doesn't seem to like his chances.

Jonas is lead into the ring where the Darkling Blade waits, daggers twirling gracefully in her snakeskin gloves. She smiles, revealing a brilliant but predatory set of teeth, and assumes a light, agile stance. In the instant between the steward saying "Begin!" and Jonas beginning to move, she leaps forward, blurring so quickly that the three points of pain in Jonas's abdomen seem to come as one. The blows are delivered so swiftly and precisely that he doesn't realize he's fallen until he sees a man in chirurgeon's garb leaning over him with a dampened towel, holding out his hand and saying "How many fingers do you see?"

(Sorry, Erekose, but you simply couldn't have beaten her initiative roll. I know it's a rough return, but at least it was all subdual damage. You'd be dead, elsewise. FaenFriend and Arden got all too lucky, and you got the other end of the stick. The dice are a fickle mistress.)

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Tenkar and Kai-Moash are led into a ring. The steward sets his staff between the two, waiting until both combatants are ready before raising his staff and shouting "Begin!"

(Initiatives, guys. If you both state a willingness to accept each other's die rolls, you can cut me out as the middleman; it's entirely up to you.)

Erekose13

Explorer
"Uh... 6... *cough* I think, no wait now there is only 4." Jonas says trying to regain consciousness. He is amazed at his opponent's speed as he never saw any of her blows even begin let alone land. As his mind returns to him, he is glad that he placed his bet on her and pities whoever among his friends has to face her later. Later he will seek her out to speak about her skills, later after the pounding like Kai-Moash's hammer stops ringing in his ears.

((ooc: no worries at all Paxus, I am glad that Jonas placed his money on the best atleast. Just happy to be alive :)))

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads