• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

AU: Northlands

Erekose13

Explorer
After the long fight, Jonas moves over to his friends to see how their matches went. He is very happy to see that Kai-Moash won his bout. He grabs a few refreshments, though a nice ale would hit the spot. Then he heads over to find out how some of the other fighters picked to win have done in their first rounds. He is curious about this Darkling Blade he bet on and will try to find out who the man is and how he did.

FaenFriend

First Post
Kai-Moash takes a deep drink of water and then splashes some on his hands, wiping it over his face and hair to cool himself. Still dripping, he grins at his companions.

"So far so well, my friends. That was quite a blow, Galed, that you landed on that fellow's staff."

Kai-Moash glances about, looking for the smith that he felled. If he finds him, he will offer to buy him a drink later, both because Kai-Moash is a good sport and because he wishes to make a good business connection.

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Erekose13 said:
He is curious about this Darkling Blade he bet on and will try to find out who the man is and how he did.

Jonas speaks to a man regarding the Darkling Blade. "Not a man at all, stranger. A quickling woman. She's that one over there, with the funny marks on her face." He indicates a woman wearing a snakeskin coat, sinuous tattoos covering her left eye and cheek. She bears a pair of slender daggers, and moves with a serpentine grace. "She won the fight, of course. Up against one of the Mayor's Guard. He could barely see her, much less hit her. It's not natural how fast she is. Not natural at all."

Arden

First Post
FaenFriend said:
"So far so well, my friends. That was quite a blow, Galed, that you landed on that fellow's staff."

"You acquitted yourself well too, Kai-Moash. That reach of yours is impressive--try to use it to your best advantage." Galed surveys the rest of the field as he talks with the Giant, trying to pick out some of the other winners. "So are you looking forward to the next match. Who do you think we'll draw next?"

darkdancer

First Post
Esme the bitter

Esme idly watches some of the various matches, vaguely impressed by the obvious skills of her companions. After a while, she becomes a little bored - men and their little contests of strength ... as if that's what real valor is... - and wanders off to find some refreshment, perhaps there's some of that lovely hot whiskey I had last night ...

tenkar

Old School Blogger
"See, the confidence I had in us was well founded. 'Course, as the field narrows the battles will be all the tougher". Tenkar takes a long, deep swig of water to quench his thirst.

Erekose13

Explorer
"Hmm very interesting, thank you. Hope I dont end up facing her." Jonas replies. He then returns to his friends seeing them resting before their next bouts. "Well we have all made it to the next round eh? I sincerely hope that we will not face one another yet, it would be grand if we would all advance together into the finals."

[ooc: I will be away till the 9th. autopilot me till then please. Ps if I face one of the other party members I will make sure that I dont win and do so as subtly as possible. Party cohesion and all that.]

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
The next match is announced, and the contestants assigned to their rings. Jonas and Galed are both up against sibeccai of the Mayor's Guard, and Tenkar faces a human prospector who has come to town specifically for the tournament. Kai-Moash, on the other hand, was drawn by lot to face the Mayor herself. Fighting with a glaive in one hand, she is a formidable, if slow opponent. Entering the ring, she salutes Kai-Moash, saying "Welcome to Ke-Donal, young friend. May your time here be pleasant, and may the better warrior win."

(Time to roll for initiative, FaenFriend. Also, post your AC, attack bonuses, and other relevant stats.)

FaenFriend

First Post
Stretching his arms out to either side until his elbows make a cracking sound, Kai-Moash eases in the ring and inclines his head.

"It is an honor to visit your town, as well as to match skills with you."

Was that too formal? How polite does one have to be to the mayor?

Kai-Moash holds his great maul in both hands, sizing up his opponent and waiting for the match to begin. Even if he can move faster than the mayor, he will still wait for her to approach. The moment that she is within striking distance, he will attempt to knock the glaive from her hand.

Initiative roll = 12
Size: Large
AC: 14
Great Maul +8 [+8 melee, +1 masterwork, -1 large, 2d8 [+9 Str (two handed)], x2, B]
HP: 27 (dying if at -3)
Saves: Fort +5, Ref +1, Will +2
Disarm with Maul vs One-handed Glaive: +16 (+8 melee, +4 weapon size, +4 two handed weapon)

OOC: I'm assuming she's a giant and is about my size, is that correct? Is she wearing armor?

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
(She is your size, but the glaive is a reach weapon, so you have to step in to disarm. Fortunately, you are faster than she by a long shot. She is wearing a breastplate, and carrying a large shield.)

Kai-Moash steps in, swinging his maul in a stunning arc. It snaps the glaive from Eai-Drona's hand easily, flinging it out of the ring. With a surprised look of respect, she falls back, pulling out a padded mace.

(Your move again.)

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads