• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

AU - What's good to play?

Stalker0

Legend
GoodKingJayIII said:
The class that always bugged me was the Oathsworn. Great concept, but the execution is lacking. And they really got screwed in AE, which pushed their 20th level ability back to 25 and gave them almost nothing to compensate for it. Even considering all that I still think they're ok as written, just really lacking in the lower and higher levels.

Allow me to toot my own horn and offer this alternate oathsworn at http://www.diamondthrone.com/displaycontent.cfm?iCatId=11&iConID=620.

Its gone through 3 revisions, and I've gotten a lot of positive feedback about it.

Stalker0

Legend
ehren37 said:
Except all of that stuff is what feats and a better base HD would already accomplish. The rites really are just trying to push them up to what another class can already do, except they can only do it a few times per day.

Your right I could take great fortitude, lightning reflexes, iron will, dodge, weapon focus, skill focus jump, tumble, climb, dash twice, speed burst, crippling strike, run, deflect arrows, and get everything I could with combat rites.

Well...accept that whole healing myself as a free action, and the automatically confirming a crit, and the DR 5/-, the ability to shrug off petrification, blindness, fatigue, oh yeah the sneak attack, the ability to take a blow for a friend...but that's all:)

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Turjan said:
And I don't think that the change for the Mojh is only for the bad. The new version is much more synergistic with spellcaster classes :).

Compared to how well Sibbecai and Dracha and Giant levels synergize with fightin' classes, the Mojh is a bit of a let-down for a caster. Compared with the Human and Loresong evolved levels, Mojh hurts too much. (Especially given how weak they are as magi -- the -2 Con really really really hurts.)

This is in my humble munchkin opinion. ;)

Cheers, -- N

Stalker0

Legend
Nifft said:
Compared to how well Sibbecai and Dracha and Giant levels synergize with fightin' classes, the Mojh is a bit of a let-down for a caster. Compared with the Human and Loresong evolved levels, Mojh hurts too much. (Especially given how weak they are as magi -- the -2 Con really really really hurts.)

This is in my humble munchkin opinion. ;)

Cheers, -- N

I'll agree with nifft on this one, I think the mojh racial levels are a bit weak.

Destil

Explorer
I only got to play AE once, I had an Iron Witch with some electric magic feats. It was a pretty fun PC, able to dish out some nice energy damage at need or wade into combat with her iron blade and witch armor. Not quite as effective as a gish as a mageblade but much more stylish.

Xyanthon

First Post
I played a litoran greenbond for a while. I had fun but ultimately craved more traditional fantasy fare (yeah, I guess I'm lame like that). I did like the spell system quite a bit though.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads