• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[August] What Video Games you playing??

WizarDru

Adventurer
Velenne said:
For the consoles, I'm in a race with my roommate to see who can beat Metroid:prime first. Love that game. Just finished the beating the first Super-pirate in the phazon mines. Yech!

I just did this last night, myself. Love that game. It truly is Metroid in 3D, not just a cheap first-person shooter, as I first feared when it was originally announced. Great stuff.

As for SC II, that's my birthday present to myself. My only complaint? Every damn store is releasing it on a different day, it seems, and none of them on Tuesday. Best Buy is Wednesday and Thursday (depending on the version), Target is Thursday, and Circuit City (who's jumped the shark, IMHO) is FRIDAY. What's up with that?

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
X-Box - Halo & Splinter Cell

PC - Shadows of Undrentide & Jedi Academy*

* It got leaked to the internet. :) Great game! Better than Jedi Outcast!

RyanL

First Post
Finally finished Golden Sun. I'm picking up where I left off in Wind Waker. After that, it's Skies of Arcadia: Legends. After that, I'll probably play Golden Sun: The Lost Age.

By the time I finish all of those, Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicle will probably be out, and then there's that other Gamecube RPG that's in development (Tales of Symphonia?).

I'll probably get sick of RPGs and have to insert something else in there, but I don't know what.

-Ryan

John Crichton

First Post
WizarDru said:
As for SC II, that's my birthday present to myself. My only complaint? Every damn store is releasing it on a different day, it seems, and none of them on Tuesday. Best Buy is Wednesday and Thursday (depending on the version), Target is Thursday, and Circuit City (who's jumped the shark, IMHO) is FRIDAY. What's up with that?
Wow, that is the first time I've ever seen a store referred to as "Jumping the shark." I don't know wheter to be impressed or confused. ;)

But seriously - I used to work @ Circuit City (hated it) but they have great prices on CDs and DVDs so I can't knock em. However for videogames, especially the big releases they normally get them in around a week after everyone else does. This has been true for them for years. They are not the best place to get newly released games if you want them ASAP. I go to to EB for that. :)

Welverin

First Post
Psychotic Dreamer said:
As much as I want to see SOul Calibur 2 in my future... Not gonna happen. Home computer is having trouble and thats more important than a new game, any new game. So maybe in a month or two.

If it wasn't for the $50 EB gift voucher I have, I wouldn't be getting anytime soon either.

Dagger75 said:
I took the Feat: Moderator Immunity

Maybe I'll just report you then...

What are the prereq's on that?

WizarDru

Adventurer
John Crichton said:
Wow, that is the first time I've ever seen a store referred to as "Jumping the shark." I don't know wheter to be impressed or confused. ;)

Well, I remember as recently as two years ago, when Circuit City was a reasonable competitor of Best Buy, Target, Suncoast or even Barnes & Nobles. Now they fail on every level. Some weeks they have no Sunday ads, and their prices are always higher than their competitors. They got stock later and have a poorer selection of anime, music CDs, DVDs, video games and electronics. Not to mention their recent decision to fire all of their most successful (and experienced) salespeople, in a twisted effort to reduce costs.

Maybe it's not true for some CCs...but all of the ones that I've been to in the greater Philadelphia area are terrible...to the extent that I'll drive twenty minutes out of my way to go to a Best Buy, instead.

javapadawan

First Post
PC: Star Wars Galaxies

PS2: Silent Hill 3 (my favorite series of games ever.)

All my other systems are just gathering dust, though I'm looking forward to finally getting some use out of my XBox when Dungeons and Dragons Heroes comes out, even considering I'll have to buy three more controllers. :p

Remove ads