[August] What Video Games you playing??

Artimoff

First Post
I've been playing EQ for 4 years and will continue to do so until they close it down. I've also just gotten an XBox and am just about to finish the Buffy XBox game. Tomorrow I'll buy the Buffy: Chaos Bleed game for XBox too.

Ristamar

Adventurer
mojo1701 said:

I hear that.

I know many people complained that the Phazon Mines were too hard, too long, too boring. Personally, I thought they rocked. I got pretty tense fighting hordes of various Space Pirates.

The boss in the Phazon Mines is also quite a challenge.

Ristamar

Adventurer
I haven't been playing anything new lately, but today I'll be buying F-Zero GX and Soul Calibur II. Yum.

I'd also like to get Mario Golf in the near future.

LightPhoenix

First Post
WizarDru said:

Maybe it's not true for some CCs...but all of the ones that I've been to in the greater Philadelphia area are terrible...to the extent that I'll drive twenty minutes out of my way to go to a Best Buy, instead.

Heh, here the Best Buy is horribly over-priced, to the extent where I'll go out of my way to shop anywhere else. :)

Haradim

Explorer
John Crichton said:
I'm down for the The Sims 2. How is Tropico 2?

I like it. It's certainly an amusing game.

However, I find that it only *looks* less complicated than the original Tropico. It's still very easy to see your island go spinning out of control, due to having no money, or no wood, or angry pirates (because they demand a *lot* of buildings to stay pleased). You have to get a good start, hope your first ship isn't sunk right off the bat, hope you can maintain a good number of captives (to work in your structures), and be able to keep up with the constant influx of pirates, captives, training, building, ship construction, etc.

So it isn't the easiest game around (at least, not for me), but it's still fun.

CarlZog

Explorer
At the risk of sounding like a total goober, I have to say I just got DOS working on an old PC and I'm busy playing Space Hulk and DarkSun: Shattered Lands -- both about 10 years old, but still a ton of fun!

On the new machine, it's Neverwinter.

CZ

Remove ads