Axiomatic, Anarchic creatures.

iwatt

First Post
Is there any anarchic or axiomatic templates for creatures. Similar to the whole Fiendish/Celestial divide.

Thanx

iwatt

First Post
Staffan said:
Manual of the Planes as well, updated to 3.5e in the update booklet.

Thanx....

From the booklet:
Axiomatic: Gain fire, electricity, cold, and sonic resistance 5.
Gain fire, electricity, cold, and sonic resistance 10 if 12 Hit Dice or
more. They have a level adjustment of +4.

Anarchic: Gain damage reduction 5/magic if 12 Hit Dice or
more. They have a level adjustment of +5.

So pretty hefty LAs. Any reason why Anarchic has a higher LA than Axiomatic? I don't have MotP with me, so any clues as to what these templates give?

andargor

Rule Lawyer Groupie
Supporter
Alternative is something like the axiomatic creature spell from BoED. No LA, but dispellable.

Andargor

Staffan

Legend
iwatt said:
So pretty hefty LAs. Any reason why Anarchic has a higher LA than Axiomatic? I don't have MotP with me, so any clues as to what these templates give?
Axiomatic gives: Smite Chaos (1/day, +HD to damage vs. chaotic opponent), darkvision, SR = 2*HD, and linked mind (like formians)
Anarchic gives: Smite Law, Darkvision, Immunity to polymorph and petrification, and fast healing.

iwatt

First Post
Thanx guys. I checked out the Planar handbook and it had the revised templates. LA +5 for Anarchic seems too much though, even for fast healing and damage reduction and some resistances. The immunities are nice though. Axiomatic alsoe seems too much at LA+4.

Nail

First Post
I developed some "house rules" for these, so they match the fiendish and celestial templates. It's pretty straightforward.

Level adjustment of +2 seems plenty.....although (IMHO) that SR should be pegged to CR, not HD. SR =CR +5, IMNSHO.

Remove ads