• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Azathoth took Toughness?

Aaron L

Hero
I'm just glad Cthulhu isn't listed as the chief god of the Mythos. He should be a demigod, or maybe a lesser god. Now, I wanna see Narly Toe Tapper!

DMaple

First Post
hong said:
Pah! One harm and he's still toast, just like the rest. ;)

Assuming you can get through his SR 52, cast a spells after your Sanity is reduced to 1, get past his 25ft reach.

Actually Spring attack and some very luckly rolls.... hmm guess your right.

Hello Numion! :)

Numion said:

(I made the same comments to Monte Cook on his site).

(While only my subjective point of view) I perceive Azathoth beyond mere Greater God status (even Divine Rank 20). The Lovecraftian Mythos evokes a sense of ancient primordial esoteria that I don't think can be compared directly to other mythologies. I simply can't see Zeus or Odin in the same league as Azathoth. But it will be interesting to see how Call of Cthulhu and Deities & Demigods pan out! :)

Neowolf

First Post
OMG! Call of Cthulhu just jumped up from "look through" status to "pre-order NOW" status. :D

Edit: typo

Last edited:

Akunin

First Post
Aaron L said:
I'm just glad Cthulhu isn't listed as the chief god of the Mythos. He should be a demigod, or maybe a lesser god. Now, I wanna see Narly Toe Tapper!

Cthulhu was never known as a "chief god" or even a "greater god". In fact, he's barely mentioned by Lovecraft. Authors who wrote about him later may have added to his description, and tried to increase his position in the mythos, but he's really just a godlike priest of his race.

Aaron L

Hero
I was refering to the fact that in the 1E D&Dg, Cthulhu was listed as a greater god, and had 400 HP. I am happy that isn't the case with the 3E D&Dg as well! :)

He could be represented with stats as a star spawn cleric20 (I thought he was high priest of Yog-Sothoth, but the WotC site says Azathoth) wizard20

Remove ads