Pathfinder 1E Azlant Adventure, and Using Pathfinder with Mythos

Admiral Caine

First Post
Dave, I don't see the point. What I quoted was from the very public KoboldQuarterly.com forums, written by Wolfgang, as it was intended to be read by the general public in a past offering.

It's not secret squirrel stuff.

Unless you mean the throttling part? That was said in good natured fun. We're not exactly strangers. My concern is that people might get excited about this past proposal and might bug him to put it on the menu. But seriously..? I think he has that much willpower. So I answered Jolea's question.

Last edited:

Joshua_Stevens

First Post
I have a home-brew post-apocalyptic Cthulhu mythos meets Fallout RPG I wrote up back in the day for d20, and I updated the rules a few months ago to work with Pathfinder so I could run a game at Paizocon. It worked out REALLY well, actually, so I'm pretty convinced that the PRPG can handle modern settings just fine. :)

James! I know you're crazy busy, but if you can spare the time and the project gets commissioned, I hope that you might consider pitching an adventure for the anthology! The adventures are fairly short, and when Cthulhu meets Pathfinder, everybody wins. ;)

James Jacobs

Adventurer
No one! I'm just being cautious! Daigle brought this up in chat once and you and Erik were more..cautious. At that particular time. Now I'm to understand that this pitch has been designed to minimize any concerns, and "that was then and this is now". I'm just steeling myself against being disappointed. That's all.

We ARE being pretty cautious, actually. We're not really sure yet how we want to proceed with out-of-house Golarion content; it's a really important part of Paizo and one we're hesitant to part with. So steeling one's self against being disappointed is probably wise.

But yeah... Azathoth is pretty cool...

Daigle

Explorer
No one! I'm just being cautious! Daigle brought this up in chat once and you and Erik were more..cautious. At that particular time. Now I'm to understand that this pitch has been designed to minimize any concerns, and "that was then and this is now". I'm just steeling myself against being disappointed. That's all.
Hey, whoah, don't go bringing me into this! ;)

Seriously, though, Brandon is very concerned with stepping on toes with this one, if he doesn't mind me saying so. I think his approach to this subject matter is not only fairly unobtrusive, but also very malleable to properly fit any yet unreleased cannon that resides in the heads of Erik and James.

Or, alternately, if folks are into the story alone, any IP can be stripped and the adventure will be just as fun. Any Halls of the Mountain King patrons can attest to the quality of work Brandon can rock out.

(In full disclosure, I have been friends with Brandon since high school, and have gamed with him for the past 15 or so years. I still stick by the fact that this is a kick ass story.)

Edit: Wow, how ridiculous do I look? First post on ENworld? Seriously? Jeeze, someone's gonna take my RPG card away and shred it. I'm a true blood gamer, really!

Last edited:

Samuel Leming

First Post
The projects are The Red Eye of Azathoth (Cthulhu comet cult adventure using Pathfinder RPG in historical times), and From the Shore to the Sea (Pathfinder Azlant adventure).
"From the Shore to the Sea" looks to be very much 'Cthulhu' also.

Monkey King said:
Whaddya think, are these a good fit for the Pathfinder setting and rules?
I'd like in on the Azlanti project, but I've not taken part in one of these patronage situations before and the senior patron price is too dear for the level of uncertainty as it stands now. How long will these proposals remain open? Will there be a chance to sign up after you hammer out the details with Paizo?

Samuel Leming

First Post
We ARE being pretty cautious, actually. We're not really sure yet how we want to proceed with out-of-house Golarion content; it's a really important part of Paizo and one we're hesitant to part with. So steeling one's self against being disappointed is probably wise.
If you can't trust Wolfgang Baur, then who out-of-house can you trust?

Samuel Leming

First Post
Edit: Wow, how ridiculous do I look? First post on ENworld? Seriously? Jeeze, someone's gonna take my RPG card away and shred it. I'm a true blood gamer, really!
That's not how we do things here at EN World... We're not going to touch your RPG card, we just kick you in the junk and take your 4e books while you're doubled over. :devil:

Admiral Caine

First Post
Hey, whoah, don't go bringing me into this! ;)

Awww.

You know, true confession.. I was absolutely heartbroken to hear them (Paizo) be cautious about Open Design undertaking this. I vented a little to somebody in the Open Design community.

But I understand why James and Erik are being cautious, because they have a rockin' great story of their own to tell.. one worthy of some thought and momentum.

So I hope we're still friends Daigle. :)

And take note.. I got every confidence in Brandon and I'm really enthused about his specific proposal. We'll see what happens and in the meantime hope for the best.

@ Josh Stevens!

Take heart, the commissioning process has always been competitive prior to this.. and it's a challenge for me to let go of that whole paradigm, because sometimes I'm the most active right at the beginning.

Even without the direct competition, there is a "sales" aspect to the commissioning that remains. In a roundabout way, I'm saying the the idea of the Red of Azathoth is starting to grow on me. The more I hear people talk about it, and the more they whoop and hollar about it.. the more excitement and energy is generated. Take heart and don't be discouraged by anything I say.

I'm evaluating whether I should take three standard patronages or if I can squeeze another out of the budget.. That's because it really is a cool idea.

Remove ads