D&D General Azorius or Jeskai Warlock

HanBassSolo

Villager
Hey everyone

So in my new campaign I'm apart of I decided to play a warlock. It's set in a Magic the Gathering universe.

I'm either going to be apart of the Azorius or Jeskai. With that said warlocks don't seem common amongst them I don't think.

Any ideas on what type of warlock would join them or why they would?

How would one play one?

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Jeskai is the name for Red/Blue/White pairing
More specifically, it’s a clan on the plane of Tarkir, much as Azorius is a guild on the plane of Ravnica. Colloquially, magic players often use the guild names to refer to two-color pairs and the clan names to refer to three-color wedges (and the names of Alara’s shards to refer to the allied three-color sets). Technically, any given WUR card, mechanic, or deck may or may not have anything to do with Tarkir or the Jeskai Way, but it beats calling them “Team America decks” like we used to have to do before 2014.

Zardnaar

Legend
More specifically, it’s a clan on the plane of Tarkir, much as Azorius is a guild on the plane of Ravnica. Colloquially, magic players often use the guild names to refer to two-color pairs and the clan names to refer to three-color wedges (and the names of Alara’s shards to refer to the allied three-color sets). Technically, any given WUR card, mechanic, or deck may or may not have anything to do with Tarkir or the Jeskai Way, but it beats calling them “Team America decks” like we used to have to do before 2014.

Miss America circa 2001.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
I'd read up a bit on the lore of the Azorius or Jeskai, I'm assuming players are able to planeswalk or otherwise get around the multiverse if you can belong to either group.

Azorius I'd lean into the law aspect over good and evil. Learn spells that incapacitate your targets like hold person, maybe play a little like judge dread (I am the law!).

Jeskai I can't talk about as I don't know much about the Tarkir clans.

Remove ads