Bad Moon over California OOC

Bobitron

Explorer
Committed Hero said:
I maxed out Treat Injury; if someone else wants to be the healer, let me know and I'll buy some other things like Knowledge.

We need a person in the party with very good general knowledge of Tribal history and legends, and I think it would fit you best (obviously). If you could distribute some points around, that would be great. Your healing skill is useful, so keep it decent.

Second, it's not important that this is done now, but before we start, I would appreciate if you could fill out your checks in any skill that can be used untrained (Jump, Swim, whatever) even if you don't have ranks. Makes it easier for me to make checks:)

Looks very good though!

Bobitron

Explorer
synecdoche said:
Bobitron, I am worried my book won't be here in time for your projected start date. Amazon says it has not shipped yet. It should next week, but that may cause a problem in me receiving it as I will be out of town the following week (at a place with computer and internet access, so i will still be able to play from there).

I want to play, but I don't want to hold up the game or anything because I don't have the book. Is there anything I can do without it, as far as creating my character and playing goes? I have a character concept in mind but don't know how I will be able to do my skills etc without the book on hand.

Go ahead and post your concept. We will try to work around it somewhat. I will probably still start next weekend, but it will involve some introduction and travel, so as long as we have a framework to go off, we should be OK. I'd hate to decline your interest due to stock issues. Feel free to email me with any questions, I'll do my best to help you out until you get the book.

My email addresses are Bobitron at att.net and Robert_Sennick at Bose.com. Please email both accounts with any correspondence.

Edit: spelling

Last edited:

Bobitron

Explorer
Still no response from hobbit killer, so I am opening up that last slot.

We need someone starting as a Strong hero, progressing to Bounty Hunter. It would be best to pick a background that would allow you to grab Survival as a class skil, in order to allow you to get to the Bounty Hunter class reasonably quick.

Fate Lawson

First Post
Well now, maybe I can lend a hand to Synec for his character creation. Obviously the first 3 or 4 levels can be taken straight from the Modern book in a pinch. As to the AdC, for a Charismatic character there are 2 to chose from: The Grifter (prereq's Bluff 6, Diplomacy 6 Deceptive feat) or The Showman (prereq's Diplomacy 6, Perform (any) 6 Renown feat). Drop me a line and I'd be glad to fill you in on the first 4 or 5 levels of either class.

Last edited:

Max

First Post
Bobitro I will probably still start next weekend said:
I'll definitley get my PC posted before then. I'm on a combo family vacation/business conference that lasts until Monday. I'll get a PC up shortly after that, once I'm home.

Max

synecdoche

First Post
OK, well Amazon now says it is being prepared to ship and it should arrive between the 11th and the 18th... I leave on the 12th.

I do have the D20 Modern book, and the DMG, and I should be able to get my stats together and maybe some of the skills. I'll see what I can get together. I was thinking Charismatic 5/Dextrous 3.

Here is the concept:

Jean (John) D'Artois was an infantryman who barely survived the War Between the States after his unit fell prey to a Union batallion during Sherman's march to the sea. D'Artois was one of the few survivors. Devestated, he deserted and returned home to Ferriday, Louisiana, and lived on his family plantation for a while. However, he could not stay put for long-- everywhere he turned were reminders of the war. Finally he decided to head west, looking for a new start.

But D'Artois was changed. His experience in the war had left him bitter. He sunk into a life of drinking and gambling, and there was plenty of that out west. Now he drifts from town to town, looking for just enough money to make it to the next poker table.

The basic concept is based on Doc Holliday as seen in <i>Tomsbstone</i> (part of my thesis is going to be about that movie, so I know it pretty well!), minus the TB and the death wish. A gambler type, who is as quick with his gun as he is with his tongue. He can be a true gentleman and is fiercely loyal to those who earn his trust. But, on the other hand, trouble seems to follow him wherever he goes, and so he has earned more than his share of notoriety.

Committed Hero

Adventurer
Fate Lawson said:
Well now, maybe I can lend a hand to Synec for his character creation.

How many games gat consultant advice from the book's authors? Sweeeet.

Bob, could you tell me which knowledge skills would apply in my case?

Last edited:

Bobitron

Explorer
Fate Lawson said:
Well now, maybe I can lend a hand to Synec for his character creation.

Thanks for stopping by! I hope synecdoche takes you up on your offer. Also, if you know anyone interested in playing, let them know about this thread. I have a feeling this last spot might take a while to fill...

Last edited:

Bobitron

Explorer
Max said:
I'll definitley get my PC posted before then. I'm on a combo family vacation/business conference that lasts until Monday. I'll get a PC up shortly after that, once I'm home.

Max

Sounds great, no problem. Hope your trip goes well.

Bobitron

Explorer
synecdoche said:
I was thinking Charismatic 5/Dextrous 3.
John's background looks good. I think I would love to see you play the Maverick Advanced Class, it would fit your concept perfectly. The prerequisites are Gamble 6 ranks, and Sleight of Hand 3 ranks, and the Card Sharp feat. I'm not sure if Fate would want me posting the info you need here, so email me and I can get it back to you. I'm not sure how well-off John's family was back in Ferriday (maybe he was an officer?), but the Idle Rich background would give you the chance to take Gamble as a class skill at first level. You could get to Maverick pretty quickly.

Remove ads