D&D 5E Bag of Holding Question

MarkB

Legend
Hmm - I'd read that as referring to the exterior dimensions. It's actually very ambiguously worded.
That's why there's also an image of it, which is a moderate-size satchel. It's definitely not a 4x2 foot cylinder.
636284708068284913.jpeg

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
The depth is specifically stated as 4 feet. That's its inside size, not its outside size.

Since its total capacity is 64 cubic feet, we can assume that its interior dimensions are roughly 4 x 4 x 4 feet, with a 2-foot-wide opening on one side.
I've always seen it, provided the weight and volume limits are vaguely followed, that the interior dimensions morph to whatever they need to be in order to hold what's being put in it.

It's a flexible bag into another dimension, after all, not a rigid box. If it was a Box of Holding then yes, the interior dimensions would be locked in.

R_J_K75

Legend
I've always seen it, provided the weight and volume limits are vaguely followed, that the interior dimensions morph to whatever they need to be in order to hold what's being put in it.

It's a flexible bag into another dimension, after all, not a rigid box. If it was a Box of Holding then yes, the interior dimensions would be locked in.
I tend to agree. Hence the initial question, but where do you draw the line is what Im trying to determine, which on second look isnt that cut and dry RAW.

Remove ads