D&D General Baldur’s Gate III Gets Epilogue, Two New Play Modes with Patch 5

Patch includes Honour Mode and Custom Mode with new post-game segment

Larian Studios released Patch 5 for Baldur’s Gate III this Thursday for all versions of the game.

bg3p5.jpg

In addition to the expected bug fixes and performance improvements, this update adds a new post-game epilogue that takes place six months after the final conflict. The epilogue adds over 3500 new lines of dialogue to the ending of the game that, according to the patch notes, "aims to provide a well-deserved sense of closure with your allies."

The update also adds two new play modes: Honour Mode and Custom Mode. Honour Mode is a new “hardcore” difficulty setting that cranks up the challenge both in and out of combat as well as disabling the ability to save scum, or load a previous save to avoid a bad die roll. The Custom Mode meanwhile is exactly what it says on the tin: A set of difficulty settings for multiple categories allowing you to fine-tune your experience. Options include enemy aggression, character power, proficiency bonus, and others plus toggles to allow or disallow enemy critical hits, death saving throws, full heals on short rest, multiclassing, and more.

Other new features include dynamic resolution for the PlayStation 5, a Korean language localization, the ability to manage allies’ inventories when they’re not in your active party, and some new and expanded encounters and dialogue options. Full information is available in the patch notes (but beware of spoilers).

The patch is available now and has a whopping file size of 30 GB, though Larian Studios recommends having at least 130 GB of free disk space before installing to accommodate file changes during the patching process.

Darryl Mott

Darryl Mott

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
My wife and I will be playing this soon. I wish there was an honor mode that didn't also ramp up the fight difficulty, since this will be my first time through. Maybe I can disallow save scumming via custom mode.

Remove ads

Remove ads