D&D General Baldur's Gate 3 will now be releasing August 3rd on PC and September 6th on PS5, increased level cap, race & class details and more

Possibly! I had that experience when I completed most of the content in the starting area, then realized there was a bunch more to do
in the underdark.
But at this point I’m almost finished with that and I struggle to imagine what other content there could still be in act 1, especially given I just hit 6th level and the cap is 12th.
I was halfway between levels 7 and 8 when I hit Act 2.

Huh. That definitely seems like a lot of missing exp. Maybe what I assumed was the transition point to act 2 (the mountain pass) isn’t actually.
Are you in the Mountain Pass? Or at the entrance to the Mountain Pass? I finished the game in late October... was probably at the Mountain Pass in late August? So might be misremembering, but I recall leaving, not entering, the Mountain Pass as the marker to the end of Act 1.

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter
Are you in the Mountain Pass? Or at the entrance to the Mountain Pass? I finished the game in late October... was probably at the Mountain Pass in late August? So might be misremembering, but I recall leaving, not entering, the Mountain Pass as the marker to the end of Act 1.
I am not sure, since I have never gone to Act 2 via the Mountain Pass but entering the Mountain Pass with some unresolved Act 1 quests could lead to those quest resolving on their own.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Well, neither, I’m in the Underdark at the moment. But I’ve completed all the quests marked on the surface map and all but one or two in the Underdark, and I know there are two routes to Moonrise Tower - the mountain pass being one of them, and the other being through the Underdark. Currently my plan is to finish up any quests in the Underdark and then go back to the surface to take the mountain pass route.

EDIT: I guess I just assumed that was the start of act 2 because when I first reached the route to the mountain pass I got a warning to finish up any businesses in the starting area before proceeding. But maybe that’s not technically the actual transition point.

Last edited:

Remove ads