• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance *Spoiler*

Xaven

First Post
when you finish this game, your character gets sent through a portal and you see these creatures on the other side right before the game ends. Does anyone know what these monsters are?

Goodsport

Explorer
&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Those were definitely Nightwalkers... but where on Faerûn would bunches of Nightwalkers roam like that? :confused:

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp And why did Eldrith have a portal to the Nightwalkers in the first place? :confused:

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp And who was Sleyvas calling "master" in the end? :confused:

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Oh man, do I hope that Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance sold well enough to garner a sequel, so at the very least those questions could be answered! :eek:

-G

Zappo

Explorer
I was very disappointed when I saw he ending of BG:DA. Getting told that I had been after the wrong villain for all that time, and then being denied the possibility to fix things, because the game is over... I don't like that.

That said - I, too, recognized the shadows as nightwalkers, but if it is so I think BG:DA 2 will be very short. ;)

No sensible planet should have packs of nightwalkers in any given place; however, noone said that the portal leads to a place on Faerun. Could be an Outer Plane. Could be the Plane of Shadow.

Goodsport

Explorer
Zappo said:
noone said that the portal leads to a place on Faerun. Could be an Outer Plane. Could be the Plane of Shadow.

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp I hope that's not the case - or at least that the sequel only begins briefly in the Plane of Shadow (or wherever) before returning to Faerûn! Otherwise, why call it Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2? :confused:

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp It's a Forgotten Realms game, after all... it needs to take place in the Forgotten Realms! ;)

-G

Last edited:

rounser

First Post
Otherwise, why call it Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2?

Who'd have thunk that such an unassuming fantasy city name would become a brand perhaps more well known than the name "Forgotten Realms" itself?

Zappo

Explorer
Yeah, if it really is an extraplanar location, it is certainly a brief stop. The PC games had a few short planar trips, too.

Goodsport

Explorer
&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Perhaps I'll try to play the game again using another character (I had used the Human Archer the first time around). :)

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Although I'm sure that the overall story and plot will be the same, will the experience of playing with a different character be somewhat different? And I don't mean only in combat tactics, but as far as how NPC's react to you and such? :confused:

-G

Last edited:

Vanye

Explorer
Goodsport said:
[BAlthough I'm sure that the overall story and plot will be the same, will the experience of playing with a different chatacter be somewhat different? And I don't mean only in combat tactics, but as far as how NPC's react to you and such? :confused:
-G [/B]

Warning, slight spoilers below for the game, if you haven't played it.

Slightly. Very, very slightly. Some of the stories are different, or the comments. For example, the dwarves refer to you as "brother" because you're a member of the clan; the drow priestess starts out the conversation differently if you're the sorceress vs the other characters. I've only played that far in a solo game as a dwarf, and a dual game with the elf as player one, so I don't know if the archer is any different....

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads