• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Baleful Polymorph

DMH

First Post
Banshee16 said:
A porpoise is a fairly small creature? When's the last time you've been to Sea World? :)

I'm pretty sure they're like 6' long or so...

Bottle nosed dolphins are 5-6 feet long. There are several other species and one that is Small is the spinner.

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Porpoises still require water to survive, so unless they are in watery surroundings the target would still gain a bonus to their save. (They must remain damp constantly. Their skin is very subject to dehydration.)

And a bottlenose dolphin is 12 feet long, not 6. Spinners are around 5 feet, which still makes them a medium creature.

The Auld Grump

shilsen

Adventurer
The MM porpoise has 2 HD, so you can't baleful polymorph someone into one (only turns targets into something with 1 HD max).

Liquidsabre

Explorer
shilsen said:
The MM porpoise has 2 HD, so you can't baleful polymorph someone into one (only turns targets into something with 1 HD max).

Yea not to mention that the MM porpoise also has it down as a medium-size creature hehe. So no go there. I'm always one to go for turning foes into baboons though. I mean, what's more humiliating than being a freakin' red-bottomed baboon?!

Though an original animal I'd think about turning them into would be something entirely miniscule (small or smaller right?), so perhaps a fine-size jungle frog or something like the world's smallest monkey!

tinymonkey2.jpg

You know, something that could be blown away by a stray gust of wind or something. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Lasher Dragon

First Post
Liquidsabre said:
I mean, what's more humiliating than being a freakin' red-bottomed baboon?!

Hehehe ya hadda ask dintcha?

I've still never lived this down, but I still grin like an idiot every time I think about it. OK, middle of a nasty BBEG fight (BBEG in question is a nefarious criminal/rapist/murderer type) and I'm running low on artillery spells. For some crazy reason, I look at my spell sheet, see I have a Charm Person memorized, and decide "What the heck?"

BBEG botches his save. Of a sudden, a malevolent shiver courses through my body as a plan forms nearly instantaneously. I swear it very well may have been demonic intervention. Anyway, through an opposed CHA check - which he (the BBEG) failed miserably, I convinced him that he really would like me to Polymorph him into a, well, more desirable form... help him slip into something a bit more comfortable if you will. He sure did make one attractive half-elven female - I made sure of that :]

Well, seeing as how we were just outside town, I thought perhaps the BBEG might like to go and visit some of the seedier pubs in the area. ;) Hmmm, the rough and ready patrons see a disheveled, incredibly attractive (for this hangout at any rate) half-elven female on the arm of a puny, frail looking chap in robes. IIRC it took no more than enough time to walk in, glance around nervously (LOL I totally played up the "I'm a big wuss part"), and make our way to the bar before I felt a ham-hand on my shoulder. Some big half-orc ruffian drooling through his tusks at "her" while attempting to fry me on the spot with his gaze. I noticed a few others beginning to lurch drunkenly to their feet behind him, chortling and loosening their trouser ropes. I promptly exited stage left, trying hard not to grin at them on the way out.

Never heard from that BBEG again, although I hear there were some mighty pissed-off half-orcs not too long after I departed. Hmm wonder how far they got before that polymorph wore off? LMAO

Remove ads