D&D 5E BAM: Where's 5E??

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
No worries, my appologies if I was not clear. I am not familiar with BAM, what I was commenting on is that some stores Ive been to have similar displays (meaning they dont really feature 5e). However, my own FLGS is the opposite, they have a dedicated display featuring all the new D&D 5e books, cards, tokens, screen. Sorry if I was not very clear.

Thanks for the further clarification. I figured we were somehow talking past one another.

SoulsFury

Explorer
I have a friend that works at BAM. Last time I was back home (not where I live now), I was in there and the shelves looked similar except there were some PHB facing forward. I asked why only the PHB was facing forward and the MM/DMG were slid to the side, mean while some old Pathfinder stuff was facing forward. Her response? "That was the easiest way to make the shelves look appealing. I put the best looking covers forward, I don't play those games."

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
200 stores in the South, Midwest, and Northeast. Nothing in the West.

For comparison, Starbucks has over 20,000 stores.

Yeah. I guess New Jersey/eastern PA would count as "Mid-Atlantic." I've never heard of them until this thread.

Also, and this might just be me, but I don't know what a "Glitter" is either. I have, rest assured heard of Starbucks...one of the joys of living in Europe was a distinct lack of them.

Oh that? From the context, I was assuming it was another chain business name I'd never heard of, like BAM.
Yeah, that's plausible too. FWIW, up here in Western Canadia I've never heard of a chain called "Glitter" either, and Books-A-Million is just something I occasionally hear 'Mericans talk about.

Where I live, we've got Chapters, Indigo, and Coles--all of which are chain bookstores owned by the same company these days. Chapters are big-box bookstores, Coles are mall-store-sized, and Indigo...well, I think that brand is a lot more common in the East. All use the same website though.

Remove ads