• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Banned from public RPG

This post is opening up the old wounds of the loss of Antje, the NDR mascot...
antje4_250.jpg

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antje_(Walross)
Wir schalten um - wunschliste.de

:.-(

Can you tell us the non-badly-translated through Google version of the story?
The Walrus became the mascot of the NDR*, a regional public TV channel belonging to the ARD, the "First German TV station". The ARD** has several regional "branches" that broadcast their own program, and parts of the ARD program consists of shows produced by the local channels. The series "Tatort" (literally: Crime Scene) might be the most famous one - it is a police detective type show with several recurring investigators, each of them set in a different city and produced by a different of the regional channels. They are first shown on ARD and repeats are seen on the regional programs over the years. It's like a predecessor of CSI or Law & Order, if you want.

Ah, back to Antje. She came into focus when the NDR was looking to make brief trailers for intermissions between shows. (Being publically funded TV, it doesn't show commercials. The ARD itself does show a little amount of commericals, but not during the prime time at 20:15). They made some trailers in the zoo Hagenbeck in Hamburg and she gained some popularity there, eventually becoming a mascot and also the source of a lot of merchandise products. She was not liked by everyone at the NDR, but for some time she even became part of the logo.
She died 2003 at the age of 27 years, which is very old for a walrus.

A classicThe trailer of Antje
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyqicD6RN_s]YouTube - NDR Pausenfilm Antje[/ame]
Oh, and don't let the name fool you. Antje was a male walrus.

*ARD: Arbeitsgemeinschaft der öffentlich-rechtlichen Rundfunkanstalten der Bundesrepublik Deutschland - Consortium for Public Broadcasting of the Federal Republic of Germany.
*NDR: Norddeutscher Runfunk - North-German Broadcasting. Not to be confused with BBC, the famous Bremen Broadcasting Corporation: http://www.myvideo.de/watch/155271/Bremen_Broadcasting_Coperation ;)

Last edited:

ProfessorCirno

Banned
Banned
Funny enough, despite me still playing it, I actually am banned from D&D. A chat room and website I frequent are both places that more then one of the infamous .pdf pirates go, and I even talked with one at length about the piracy and the lawsuit. And, uh, about Japanese shooting games. This makes me associated with them, which in turn means that I'm banned from D&D.

Does anyone else think it is a little too coincidental that The Rouse and stevenstarsgard are never online at the same time?

Think about it people, think about it.

:uhoh:

Olaf the Stout

Ulrick

First Post
Hi,
My friend told me about role playing games where you pretend to be someone else and how it was really fun.
I have always felt an affinity with the walrus, so I went to the beach and did some role playing as a walrus.
However, some members of the public was apparently disturbed by this and reported it to the police. I was fined for disorderly conduct.
Where do you people role play and what is the right way to do it?

It sounds like your were playing the latest game by White Wolf--WALRUS: THE MASQUERADE!

See, you were fined for disorderly conduct because you openingly acted like a walrus. That is, you breached the masquerade. Next time, you need to find a way to keep your long walrus fangs hidden.

Remove ads