• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Bardic Lore: A Basic College of Lore Bard Guide

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
Well, anything from Elemental Evil is in it's final form. UA articles are still technically draft rules so probably not worth updating the guide except to say "there may be more options here" with a link to the UA articles.

Zardnaar

Legend
This thread is approaching 100,00 views. Apparently, you wrote a guide people like! :)

Technically its still not complete as ideally I would like to polish it up and add the spells from the EEPG. I just have not seen any new multiclass mixes I like alot worth putting up and doing the high level spells thing is on the back burner.

moardie

First Post
For Adventure’s Leage, a purely healing/utility bard that assumes at least 2-3 melee in the party. I could use some help choosing spells and some tweaking with the build. I am still thinking about the half elf instead.

Race: Human (Variant)
Background: Entertainer
Alignment: LN
Life Cleric 1 Lore Bard 19 (Start with Cleric for Wis saves)
Armor: Chain mail (Lv. 1) -> Plate (as soon as can afford it)+Shield

Point buy array: 15, 15, 15, 8, 8, 8

Attributes and feats:
Lv. 1: STR 8, DEX 8, CON 15, INT 8, WIS 16, CHA 16, Inspiring Leader
Lv. 4: STR 8, DEX 8, CON 15, INT 8, WIS 16, CHA 18, Inspiring Leader
Lv. 8: STR 8, DEX 8, CON 15, INT 8, WIS 16, CHA 20, Inspiring Leader
Lv. 12: STR 8, DEX 8, CON 16, INT 8, WIS 10, CHA 16, Inspiring Leader, Resilient (CON)
Lv. 16: STR 8, DEX 8, CON 16, INT 8, WIS 18, CHA 20, Inspiring Leader, Resilient (CON)
Lv. 19: STR 8, DEX 8, CON 16, INT 8, WIS 20, CHA 20, Shield Master, Resilient (CON) (I was thinking of a feat instead of the 20 WIS)

Magical Secrets is where I need help choosing my last 2.
So far I have
Goodberry
Aura of Vitality
Counterspell
Circle of Power (which requires a concentration, I don’t know why it says in the guide that it doesn’t. Was there an errata?)
Magic Jar
Foresight
Wish

Wis save spells are really great with this build.

Thoughts? Ideas? Anything is appreciated.

ccooke

Adventurer
For Adventure’s Leage, a purely healing/utility bard that assumes at least 2-3 melee in the party. I could use some help choosing spells and some tweaking with the build. I am still thinking about the half elf instead.

Race: Human (Variant)
Background: Entertainer
Alignment: LN
Life Cleric 1 Lore Bard 19 (Start with Cleric for Wis saves)
Armor: Chain mail (Lv. 1) -> Plate (as soon as can afford it)+Shield

Point buy array: 15, 15, 15, 8, 8, 8

Attributes and feats:
Lv. 1: STR 8, DEX 8, CON 15, INT 8, WIS 16, CHA 16, Inspiring Leader
Lv. 4: STR 8, DEX 8, CON 15, INT 8, WIS 16, CHA 18, Inspiring Leader
Lv. 8: STR 8, DEX 8, CON 15, INT 8, WIS 16, CHA 20, Inspiring Leader
Lv. 12: STR 8, DEX 8, CON 16, INT 8, WIS 10, CHA 16, Inspiring Leader, Resilient (CON)
Lv. 16: STR 8, DEX 8, CON 16, INT 8, WIS 18, CHA 20, Inspiring Leader, Resilient (CON)
Lv. 19: STR 8, DEX 8, CON 16, INT 8, WIS 20, CHA 20, Shield Master, Resilient (CON) (I was thinking of a feat instead of the 20 WIS)

Magical Secrets is where I need help choosing my last 2.
So far I have
Goodberry
Aura of Vitality
Counterspell
Circle of Power (which requires a concentration, I don’t know why it says in the guide that it doesn’t. Was there an errata?)
Magic Jar
Foresight
Wish

Wis save spells are really great with this build.

Thoughts? Ideas? Anything is appreciated.

With a STR of 8, how are you planning to wear plate armour? It has a minimum STR requirement of 15. With your setup, your best bet is going to be Ring Mail or Half Plate for AC 14 (Half plate is normally AC 15, but you have a -1 Dex modifier)

moardie

First Post
With a STR of 8, how are you planning to wear plate armour? It has a minimum STR requirement of 15. With your setup, your best bet is going to be Ring Mail or Half Plate for AC 14 (Half plate is normally AC 15, but you have a -1 Dex modifier)
I take a -10 to movement.

Remove ads