• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Bargaining With a Devil (IC thread between Darkwolf and Kazz't)

A human-looking lawyer stands around in the middle of nowhere, waiting for someone...

That someone appears, and it seems to be the brown belt fighter Darkwolf, "Ah, I predicted you would be around here, another loss again? Doesn't the world seem so unfair? And you're being derailed from your drema to become a black belt, however," the lawyer gives a grin, "I think I can make that change...for a price."

The crafty devil waits for the honor fighter's response...

Darkwolf

First Post
"I seek 14 yen for an improvement on my Klaive. What do you seek in return for the investment? I also seek a stipulation for what you want given back if I manage to raise the funds to pay you back plus interest."

"The price of 14 yen is high, and you do not seem to be faring so well honored one. Let me think..." Kazz't seems to take a long time in silence, possibly in an attempt to pique his opponents curiosity, and hunger for power.

"There's not much that you have theres nothing I can do for you." The lawyer begins to walk away, turning his head back, "Although, I do have an idea of a way you can pay me...No, that wouldn't work." The lawyer walks off again, this time taking half a minute to turn back.

"If you're really desperate there is a way you can pay me...interested?"

Darkwolf

First Post
'I need to stop this losing streak so I may reopen my dojo and bring honor to myself. What is it that you want and I do request that it be returned to me should I raise the funds to pay you back, evil one."

"There is very little guarantee that I may get it back looking at your streak, but I will be..." the devil pauses for a moment, "...kind and generous to you, and i'll grant you the funds. However, in exchange for insurance, I want your soul...not now, just when you die, so that you may be of service to my lord in the unlife. However, i'll give you a chance to pay it back before you die, but it will cost you 18 yen...the choice is yours to make."

The devil Kazz't thinks: and don't try to make a wise decision.

Darkwolf

First Post
Darkwolf thinks...death soon by seppuku or a possibility of rise to great heights with a possibility of no setbacks..

"Very well, evil one. I accept your offer as long as you hold up to your ends of the bargain. I'm not entirely sure what your lord would want with a useless person like me but very well."

Perhaps in hell, you would be appreciated, the devil thinks, "Very well then, I shall be going." The devil holds up his contract, and Darkwolf's name appears slowly, written as if from some invisible hand, once the name is put down, Kazz't's whole contract glows with an aura flashing upon Darkwolf as well. "It is done, farewell honored warrior..." Kazz't disappears with a flash and puff of smoke as 14 shiny new yen pieces drop infront of Darkwolf...

Last edited:

Darkwolf

First Post
Darkwolf shudders then takes the 14 yen and with the one he already has gets a more powerful sword spirit bound into his Klaive.

Darkwolf adds sword mastery to his klaive

Rathan

First Post
*a warm wind passes over Darkwolfs sholder and as he turns around..... Ariel can be seen.....with a not so happy look on her face....*

"Darkwolf...... you know this is not right..... if you had ASKED me I would have lended you what yen I had..... with NO intrest for what you have done for me....... you need to stay AWAY from him...."

"I do not like the devil that all.... he's not right at all.... you know better than this my former master........here.... please....... take this 7 yen right now and pay back half of it...... at way you're sure not to get in to deep with this Kazz't fellow....... and NO more deals with him Darkwolf...... I mean it...... it's for YOUR own safety......"

Ariel opens her belt pouch and offers Darkwolf her 7 yen

Last edited:

Darkwolf

First Post
"Thank you Ariel. I didn't feel right asking anyone. Kazzt, more or less, asked me. I have to get my dojo honored again and start back up the path to black belt. I've slipped so far I'm back to Brown 0 where one more loss dishonors me as well as increasing the dishonor my dojo has."

Remove ads