D&D 5E Barlgura Bangles!

Beleriphon

Totally Awesome Pirate Brain
I miss the hyphen (or is it dash? :unsure:) in the new version of the name... Barlgura just looks weird, all smashed up together. I know it's a matter of personal taste, but I still don't like it and feel it's one of those things that were changed for no reason whatsoever šŸ™

Pronunciantion probably. Bar-lgura doesn't work well in English, while barlgura does. Bar-lgura would need to be "bar-le-gur-a", while barlgura is most likely "barl-gura" (barl like carl). Of course it is a demon so that might be pronounced Steve.

Perun

Mushroom
Pronunciantion probably. Bar-lgura doesn't work well in English, while barlgura does. Bar-lgura would need to be "bar-le-gur-a", while barlgura is most likely "barl-gura" (barl like carl).

Meh. I think the 'lg' combination is generally difficult, for most (I'll say indo-european, I'm not really familiar with other groups) languages. It doesn't roll easily off the tongue. But that's the point, IMO, it's a demon (tanar'ri šŸ˜œ), their name for themselves probably wasn't meant to be pronounces by (demi-)human(oid) tongues, and it's just the approximation, even if it's slightly difficult to pronounce...

Of course it is a demon so that might be pronounced Steve.

These discussions always bring the infamous ghoti to mind šŸ˜„

Remove ads